Image not available

1024x576

1669740024078840m.jpg

๐Ÿงต This is the industry standard

Anonymous No. 927877

Anonymous No. 927917

You see guys? Blender IS used by the industry!

Anonymous No. 928041

>>927877
>cg in a 2d anime is now the benchmark of "industry standard"
how far the goalposts have moved.

Anonymous No. 928044

Test

Anonymous No. 928055

>>927877
show BTS then

Image not available

492x161

disco art.jpg

you will never be a woman No. 928069

>>927877
This will not get better, anon.

Image not available

1920x1080

1669773241073701.webm

Anonymous No. 928102

>>928041
>1.2 billion dollar elite anime studio
It would be in a timeline where you're bragging about it.

Anonymous No. 928114

>>928102
In what universe does an anime studio earn $1.2 billion?
A publisher maybe, but a studio definitely not. Except for an extremely heavy hitter like Toei with the entire force of DBZ and One Piece behind it.
MAPPA is a bigger studio sure, but no bigger than something like Ufotable, which I'd argue is bigger.
Neither are anywhere close to billion dollar studios though.
Billion Yen, sure, but USD? Nah.

Anonymous No. 928117

>>928114
In the universe where Demon Slayer alone has grossed 3-4 billion with the movie alone surpassing half a billion.

Anonymous No. 928158

>>928117
Demon Slayer is Ufotable. Which I said was bigger than MAPPA.
Though DS grossing 4 billion is still bonkers to me, even if it's true.
Shit you're probably right. I just never thought anime was such a heavy hitter when you compare it to actual western movie studios. I knew anime in general was a billion dollar industry, but I didn't really think individual studios were earning those $$$, apart from someone like Toei (as I said).
Still, I'm pretty convinced that anime studios can't into 3d very well, and something wholly 2d based shouldn't be used as a benchmark of what "the industry" is doing. Especially considering it's just nips doing nip things. But maybe that's me moving the goalposts now.

Anonymous No. 928204

>>928158
Demon Slayer did not gross billions of $. That is absurd. It did gross 500 mil $ which is world shattering.

Hollywood makes money by making a lot of shit and throwing it at the wall and then when something sticks they capitalize on that as much as they can. So why is Demon Slayer's success such a black swan event? Because Hollywood does not get viewers the same way DS does. In Hollywood let's say a movie costs 100 mil$ to make (as in the final product itself) then you need to add another 100$ for advertising costs. So if the movie makes 500 mil $ at the box office then that's like 50 mil $ profit. The studio only gets about 50-60% of the price of the ticket (depending on the region). When Avengers Infinity War broke 1 billion $ at the box office that was the moment it actually broke even which is not how it was presented in the press.

Hollywood is a machine that is heavily dependent on manufactured promotion. Anime is not like this. The manga IP is mainly creator promoted (very cheap). Then if successful it gets turned into an anime (very very cheap). This is when it has the opportunity to break worldwide. Absolutely zero $ in invested in promoting it around the globe because streaming sites with pirated content do that for them. The money they would receive from people actually paying to watch their stuff online is less than the money they would need to spend to artificially manufacture the same level of worldwide interest (like Hollywood does).

Long story short, Avengers Infinity War grossed 2 billion $ at the box office but only made ~400 mil $ in profit.
Demon Slayer made ~200 mil $ in profit (50% of box office minus let's say 50 mil $ production cost which includes the anime).

So you have 2x return on investment for Avengers (being generous) compared to 10x return on investment for Demon Slayer (being not so generous).

Hollywood is DONE.

Anonymous No. 928242

>>928204
>Hollywood is DONE.
I don't really think there's much competition between movies and anime. There's a bit of overlap, but they don't directly compete in the sense that Hollywood would suddenly go "Anime is profitable, drop everything and start producing anime". They're different sectors.
Especially considering that most of the time, anime movies have extremely limited runs in the US. Anime movies around where I live get 1-2 night of shows and that's it. Even then, it's a coin flip if they're showing the sub or the dub. They all sell out pretty much, but that's only because they have such a limited run and anyone that would want to go see it does.
Anime movies I'd think would need a bigger foothold in the west to really think they're in competition with Hollywood in terms of audiences. Still, just because someone watches an anime movie doesn't mean they also won't go see capeshit the next week. If anything, it's more likely, considering the audience that goes in for that sort of thing.

Anonymous No. 928254

>>928242
>movies and anime

You're confusing the medium with the content. Anime is a style which removed as much pointless costly production elements as possible. Anime studios do not have the budgets Hollywood studios have. Anime is a medium that was born out of necessity and not a stylistic choice. The genius of anime is that it can hide its inherent cheap production under stylized aesthetics.

Look at how much work goes into lip synching characters in a Pixar movie. People literally spend years on just this small element for a 90min movie. Anime solved this by just making the mouth smaller and giving it less than a dozen "shapes". If viewers are distracted by the character's large eyes and weird ass hair then they won't notice and/or care that the lips don't match the audio.

You can transcribe any Hollywood movie in anime and the audience will have the exact same reaction to it. This is why Hollywood is done. If I want to scare someone do I:
(a) pay tens of thousands of dollars to create the concept, the make-up, the prosthetics for some live-action monster?
(b) get some artist draw a bunch of images for only a fraction of the cost?

>anime movies have extremely limited runs in the US

Exactly. Cinemas are owned by Hollywood. Cinemas are Hollywood's distribution service. They have no interest in letting the competition make full use of their distribution service.

Streaming services have pretty much made cinemas obsolete. The only reason why people even go to cinemas is tradition and social interaction.

You also don't realize how popular anime content is. The world's top most popular IP's are Japanese stuff. The audience Disney has is nothing compared to the audience China, Russia, and Japan have. It's not even a competition at this point.

You might be a zoomer/millennial but try to look outside yourself. What are the IP's your generation grew up with? What are the IP's young kids are growing up with now?

Anonymous No. 928256

>>928254
>cont

Look at the subscriber count for
Disney: https://www.youtube.com/@disneychannel
Ciainah:
https://www.youtube.com/@babybus

Most popular Disney video has >60 mil views.
Most popular BabyBus video has >500 mil views.

Now check this out:
https://www.createandlearn.net/post/the-world-s-25-most-successful-media-franchises

The green is Box Office revenue. It should now be obvious that Box Office revenue is not tantamount to popularity or worth. It's not even at the same level as video games. Again, Hollywood is the underdog in this fight.

Image not available

1910x1080

616B7730-FD47-482....jpg

Anonymous No. 928262

>>927877
No this is.