Image not available

960x944

kermitbarf.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 930088

>blender explodes in popularity since v2.8
>the next generation of 3dcg job applicants will primarily be blender users
>big studios will refuse to switch to blender in their pipelines because what they have is "tried and true" (the last big change in industry standards was softimage to maya two decades ago, and god knows what kind of code and software studios are running that only work with maya)
>it'll be easier for maya users to get a nice job once most people looking for work only know blender
Granted it won't be for another 10 or so years before the market truly gets saturated with Blender users, and the outcome could be totally foiled if a big studio switches to Blender, but think about it. Instead of forcing people to learn Maya, why not let noobs be noobs and the people who are actually serious with 3DCG can cruise their way into employment? It's getting tougher to find a job as time goes, so any advantage matters, right?

Anonymous No. 930097

Most Blender users are unaware that Autodesk has already defeated two competitors who were comparatively more capable than Blender at the time.

Anonymous No. 930098

For a company, the price of commercial software is only a fraction of the price of the employees time.
What's most expensive for a company is your time. Something that wastes your time like Blender will never be used by companies.
They may say so, but they're lying.

Anonymous No. 930099

Commercial software has already been saturated by pajeets and lims

Anonymous No. 930103

/3/ is living under a rock

Anonymous No. 930107

>>930088
Blender already is integrated in pipeline... stop eating fried food. It costs companies 0$ to download and install blender.

Anonymous No. 930108

>>930088
everytime a job on Linkedin has blender in the description the applicant number is in the hundreds, i pity the poor HR person who has to deal with that mediocrity

Anonymous No. 930109

>>930098
/thread

If $1200 per year software saves you just 1 hour a day, and Mr.Goldstein is paying you a measly $12 an hour, and you work 40 hours a week, then even that equation is STILL saving Mr. Goldstein over a thousand dollars per year, per employee.

You will never go beyond freelancing with Blender because in the industry, the cost of the software is nothing compared the cost of you, the employee.

Anonymous No. 930111

>>930107
How does Blender reduces the cost of the employee's time for a company? It doesn't. It increases it.
The Blender "is integrated in pipeline" is such an obvious lie companies put forward to bring in no pay interns, burn them down and let them out through the revolving door.

Anonymous No. 930112

>>930097
by buying them, then letting them rot.
you cant buy blender sweety

Image not available

473x339

1668511254200977.jpg

Anonymous No. 930117

>>930088
NONE of those statements are true. you are most probably a paranoid schizophrenic. please stop harassing the people on this board with your useless threads and go back to lurking. thank you.

Anonymous No. 930119

>>930098
also they have an incentive to say so because everyone starts with blender (the people that have what it takes end up switching) and so it's in their interest to build up an army of useless blender beginners, 98% of which will ngmi.

Anonymous No. 930123

>>930119
>the people that have what it takes end up switching
This is a complete bullshit. Imagine being so confidently wrong. There are plenty of great artists using blender and if anything, they are switching to it more and more.

Lurkers, please don't listen to these generalizations, at the end of the day it also depends on the industry. These are probably vfx or archviz guys, in games blender is used a lot.

Anonymous No. 930124

>>930088
do people not realize you can switch to maya or c4d in just a matter of 2-3 weeks ? if anyone is a desperate for a job then they will switch to the industry standard

Image not available

1280x720

FssPQUkkgqwCWz44f....jpg

Anonymous No. 930131

>>930088
Blendlets on suicide watch. You will never make it to the triple A studios where fine arts like these are made only through industry standard software.

Anonymous No. 930189

>>930123
>This is a complete bullshit
except it isn't. you have an utterly defeatist attitude, defending mediocrity instead of being curious as to how overcome it and make the switch.

Anonymous No. 930200

>>930123
>it also depends on the industry
No.
>in games blender is used a lot
No.

Anonymous No. 930213

This has been a topic of debate in arts for a while, but in general art does not always serve a specific industry. The the value of Blender is that anyone with a PC can try to create something with it, and just from that there will be a few great artists, for whom Blender was their first tool. Sure, the majority of Blender users will not wageslave in 3d modeling - so be it.

Image not available

750x734

0723ed2d74560e8b7....jpg

Anonymous No. 930215

>>930088

Anonymous No. 930389

>>930088
I learned Maya at school, but now I work at a company where we use exclusively Blender for 3D. We still rely on afobe software, such as PS and Illustrator, and we use Nuke for compositing, but all 3D work is 100% Blender. And I love it.

Anonymous No. 930390

>>930109
>>930111
>time arguments
Makes it pretty obvious you have never used Blender, retard. There are things you can complain about with Blender, such as the low performance with heavy scenes, but speed in general is NOT one of them. Absolutely all actions are faster in Blender than any other software package. Maya takes five fucking clicks through nested pie menues just to just do a basic fucking operation, which should be illegal in 2022.

Anonymous No. 930459

>>930390
can't confirm for maya (but it's basically guaranteed to exist), but for 3ds max there are plugins that completely overhaul the controls. judging the vanilla version of a software that has plugins that can cost you a 4-digit-sum isn't exactly fair. the moment you use max or maya you're practically guaranteed to not use vanilla.

i honestly doubt blender is faster once you've modified your software to your needs. right now I run a gigantic UI (which isn't even uncomfortable in 4k) where I have all the functions, modifiers etc. i often need at the press of a single button, the rest is hotkeyed. honestly can't see how blender could fit as many functions into its UI without just as much modification (many of the tools/scripts it doesn't even have).

Anonymous No. 930469

>>930103
No one here has a job. Just hobbyists too scared to post their work. I'm a tourist and it's so obvious these people don't know shit about the real world

Anonymous No. 930471

>>930469
pyw.

Anonymous No. 930475

>>930459
Any specific plugins you could recommend for 3dsMax with Blender controls?

Anonymous No. 930489

>>930471
Heh gotcha
>I'm a tourist
I don't do 3d gayboy but since you do let's see some of yours???

Anonymous No. 930607

>>930390
>time arguments
>low performance with heavy scenes
That's the same thing. Look we know that Blender is a perfectly fine little prop modeller, it's in everything else (i.e. the other 90% of the industry) where it gets battered by the big boys.

Anonymous No. 930609

I use blender at my factory job. I went from hard labor on the floor to modifying 3D models of our custom order products. probably 50 or so people in the building that are more or less factory laborers that have learned blender. I know the company used different software until 3-4 years ago, before I started working there. I don't hang out on this board, I browse 4chan from the main page these days. just saw some of you are saying companies aren't switching to blender but mine did.