Image not available

1830x993

Screenshot from 2....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 931959

I just can't figure it out. How do you rig a character that has full motion range in real time.
Blender has things like shape keys and drivers that are suppose to fix mesh in certain position but the problem is they overlap and cause a mess when you put it in other positions.

Like for example i set a shape key and a driver to activate on X rotation, so that when the leg moves forward it fixes the clipping at the hip. However when you put the leg to the side like pic related it also activates the driver because the X rotation is still around 93 degrees and causes a mess.

Was this never meant to be used for real time?

Anonymous No. 931962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaHomz6gPWY

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 931963

>>931962
i actually followed this video
but notice that he doesn't turn so that the foot is facing upwards.
that's when the x rotation is also 90 degrees and causes the issues

Anonymous No. 931965

>>931962
I actually followed this video
But notice that at the end he doesn't turn the foot is facing upwards when doing the split.
That's when the x rotation is also 90 degrees and causes the shape key for forward leg motion to activate.

Anonymous No. 931968

>>931959
Your fist mistake was using blender, second mistake was assuming the human body can do that in real life when it actually it bends the muscles. What you see in 2D isn't real. Here are some examples of people doing splits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upbx5ocOM70

Anonymous No. 931969

>>931959
add another shape key that nullifies the previous shape key for that particular pose or just go negative shapekey when the leg is like in pic related

there are also probably options to only activate a shapekey when certain conditions are met, this is how rigging works but I don't know the exact way to do it in Blender cause I never tried it

Anonymous No. 931970

>>931959
Also study Gimbal Lock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8b2Jo7mno&ab_channel=GuerrillaCG

Don't know what exactly you're trying to do but I remember encountering this same issue when dealing with the hip joint. Long story short is if you follow a certain order of rotation you will get the desired look, but if you follow another order of rotation everything will get messed up, no matter how perfect your rigging is. In such cases you need to limit the way the user can rotate the hip joint through the control rig.

Image not available

1644x872

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 931971

>>931968
i think you might be mentally handicapped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDIU-S1IDo
there are tons of ways of doing a split, i know because i used to be able to do it
that's also the position of your feet if you do it mid-air.
It doesn't matter that the position on the pic is a bit exaggerated in doing the perfect split. The issue is still there with the X rotation activating

Anonymous No. 931974

>>931971
>i think you might be mentally handicapped
why add this?

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 931975

>>931974
because there are so many videos of people doing these kind of splits on youtube you have to be at retard level to not know at this point and actually lecture others on how it's done.

>>931969
>add another shape key that nullifies the previous shape key for that particular pose or just go negative shapekey when the leg is like in pic related
i actually know how to make it activate only under certain conditions but what would those conditions be. The issues is that there isn't really a cut off point that you can do because then it's going to look weird when animating.

>add another shape key that nullifies the previous shape key for that particular pose or just go negative shapekey when the leg is like in pic related
so you mean just subtract the variable of the other rotation to keep the key suppressed? I've actually been trying to do this for a while but it gets really hard because then the neutral position becomes completely fucked up. I hoped that there's a better way.

>>931970
This is actually something i noticed as well. i was hoping there was a video that explains how to do it properly and which directions to use shape keys on but couldn't find any video for it explaining it on a character rig.
I'll check out your video in hoping it helps

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 931976

>>931974
because there are so many videos of people doing these kind of splits on youtube you have to be at retard level to not know at this point and actually lecture others on how it's done.

>>931969
i actually know how to make it activate only under certain conditions but what would those conditions be. The issues is that there isn't really a cut off point that you can do because then it's going to look weird when animating.

>there are also probably options to only activate a shapekey when certain conditions are met, this is how rigging works but I don't know the exact way to do it in Blender cause I never tried it
so you mean just subtract the variable of the other rotation to keep the key suppressed? I've actually been trying to do this for a while but it gets really hard because then the neutral position becomes completely fucked up. I hoped that there's a better way.

>>931970
This is actually something i noticed as well. i was hoping there was a video that explains how to do it properly and which directions to use shape keys on but couldn't find any video for it explaining it on a character rig.

Anonymous No. 931978

>>931974

>>931969
>there are also probably options to only activate a shapekey when certain conditions are met, this is how rigging works but I don't know the exact way to do it in Blender cause I never tried it

>>931970

Anonymous No. 931980

>>931971
You are the retard, you show me some youtuber doing harmful and incorrect way. The video i show is done from a train professional. The Professional youtube channel also has many other videos to show how to not hurt yourself like that youtuber. Doing the middle splits isn't always going to be correct by human limits or by 2D drawing.

Image not available

1644x872

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 931981

>>931980
lol just kill yourself retard and fuck off already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VomPhbBrYA

Anonymous No. 932000

>>931981
Uploading a kid's youtube channel doesn't really prove your point and made the opposite effect of wanting to die.

Image not available

640x480

1666552831686208.jpg

Anonymous No. 932003

>>932000
>freudian slip

Image not available

998x1020

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 932008

>>932000
it's a club channel fuckwit

Anonymous No. 932012

>>931959
the problem is you are using blender

Anonymous No. 932013

Shet

Anonymous No. 932016

>>932012
there's nothing in maya that fixes this problem
maya uses the same euler system

Anonymous No. 932038

Starting from a typical T-pose, in order to move the leg in that position you can go: X rotation then Y rotation, or Z rotation then X rotation, or Y rotation then Z rotation.

If your shapekey is there to fix the hip clipping issue starting from X rotation the only case scenario that should be a problem is Z rotation then X rotation. The way I would fix this is by adding another shapekey on X rotation that's the opposite shapekey of the other shapekey on X that fixes the clipping. Have this negative shapekey dependent on the value of the Z rotation. This shapekey will then only activate when both X and Z rotation have a positive value. In other words you will have two shapekeys that cancel each other out on X rotation, but the negative shapekey will only activate when Z rotation is also present.

Anonymous No. 932044

>>931959
>Was this never meant to be used for real time?

... https://blendermarket.com/products/x-muscle-system ..you could use something like this, in maya its a build in system to simulate muscles, when i remember correct, and the "skin" that covers this acts somewhat like you implied - tldr, no, out of the box, blender isnt able to do this, programm it by yourself or pay(the more people buy this add on, the more motivation this guy has to improve this addon)!

Image not available

352x475

xms.png

Anonymous No. 932056

>>932044
>pay
nope
https://gofile.io/d/7lHuhE

Anonymous No. 932058

>>932056
>https://gofile.io/d/7lHuhE

...no, thanks, i value the work of others and like the idea, that when i pay for it, they improve it - when everyone thinks like you, people like him no longer see any value in investing time!

Anonymous No. 932059

>>931980
>You are the retard, you show me some youtuber doing harmful and incorrect way
Goal post status: on the earliest flight out of the country

Anonymous No. 932069

>>932044
Well I watched this video about it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPapdz-uOw&list=PLXi5n8Kz8mfOHU7IXZQAcdcdaV-75Y1q7
And it seems to have the same problem. You still need to set drivers manually to export it, which causes the same problem.

>>932038
Ok i'll try this out tomorrow and post results

Anonymous No. 932070

>>931980
>doing harmful and incorrect way
oh so it IS possible

Anonymous No. 932075

>>932069

...look, all this 3d stuff, all the realism, and shit, was made by guys who hacked into it! you want that somthing behaves realistic in real time, you must code it, be blender, maya, ... back in the days it was maya these kind of guys used to create the current status quo of 3d things, today, you can take the blender source and do what ever you want ... and when you lack the abilities, pay someone! and release the source!

i dont know if you are op, but what op wants, is pretty advanced stuff when automated in realtime....

Anonymous No. 932085

>>932008
>>932070
It was a kid doing exercise, not an expert, zero experience and you think that beats the grown-up adult in my video who had show the kid to safety perform the trick. There is limits to your claim, the fact that you didn't point out the video topic clearly shows how dumb you are.

>>932059
It is harmful it's not a goal post, any gymnast would say the same thing. The youtuber in the video even claim he was doing it safety too, that is why it took 90 days for him. He will not break his legs or muscle for youtube video. He had the right idea.

You do not have the right idea, you are the biggest retard for not even watching the videos. I am sure that club channel would also say to safety do gymnastics at home because yes you can get hurt.

Anonymous No. 932086

>>932075
It's not really that advanced
You just need to find the correct expression/equation that will trigger the shape keys correctly. It's more a math problem than a technical one. I was hoping to avoid this route since I'll probably have to do it for the shoulders as well and probably some other joints.

I'm just surprised there's no tutorial about this with providing the right equations considering this doesn't really seem to be a niche issue.

Maya seems to have the same thing. They are just called blend shapes. I can't really find anything in Maya that can solve this issue. If someone can link it, I'll switch over to Maya immediately.

Anonymous No. 932087

>>932085
hey retard the channel you posted literally has the same thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHymNpUyXKo
can you just take the L and fuck off already?

Anonymous No. 932090

>>932086
>It's not really that advanced
>It's more a math problem than a technical one.
>I'm just surprised there's no tutorial about this

...yeah, all easy, just math, sadly no tutorial around! kek! ...

>Maya seems to have the same thing.

..yeah, maya, will solve anything by default!

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 932092

you don't know what shape keys and blend shapes are do you?

Anonymous No. 932093

>>932090
you don't know what drivers, shape keys and blend shapes are do you?

Anonymous No. 932098

>>932093

... i dont get your point? ...you cant use drivers and shape keys in variable situations or real time like op wants! you create a animation, and on this movement, you build your shapekeys, when the movement changes, the shapekeys do not longer fit!

...i may be wrong, i can live with it!

Anonymous No. 932114

Guys this seems like the right place to ask. Are shape keys the right thing to use to make face expressions? I just want a few basic ones. Already have a model and rigged it, but thinking about shape keys I thought that maybe they're a lot of work to do. Do I need to re-sculpt the face in every single position I want to key? Give me a quick rundown (links) on face expressions.

Anonymous No. 932134

>>932085
You must have so many friends being such a contrarian faggot.

Anonymous No. 932206

>>932098
>>932114
Hey here's a bright idea, what don't you not use shape keys and actually rigged the model correctly.

Anonymous No. 932212

>>932206
But a face has like hundreds of muscles dude. Seems like your idea wasn't so bright after all.

Anonymous No. 932219

>>932212
Every game developer did it with less than 10 bones. Only a noob like you think it needs to be perfectly shape into real life. Games and art are not real life, accept it.

Anonymous No. 932314

>>932219
Who says I'm making games? Seems like your low intelligence made you assume things. Yes, I need it to be exactly like IRL, no less. Next time don't reply to questions if you don't know the answer. Let somebody who actually knows stuff do it.

Anonymous No. 932343

>>932314
Look into FACS rigging.

Anonymous No. 932347

>>932314
animators don't need to be perfect it needs to convey the art. What you are saying is crazy and impossible. Our lips have muscles that move with our will, a 3D model lips are a series of 2D pictures into 3 dimensional form, you can not move the mouth perfectly, it will break, our teach has problems and you for whatever dumb reason think it just works.

Anonymous No. 932378

>>932347
>nimators don't need to be perfect it needs to convey the art
Are you the same Pajeet that posted before? You first assumed it was for a game, and now you're assuming it's for animation. Where did I say anything about animation? Quit assuming stuff cunt.
>What you are saying is crazy and impossible
It is impossible if you keep thinking like that.
>you can not move the mouth perfectly, it will break
Maybe that's why I was asking about shape keys?

Anonymous No. 932386

>>932378
Again we keep telling you that no shape keys are not the answer, stop being dumb, everyone knows Blender's Shape keys lock you into certain shapes when you do it. That is why it's impossible to do what you want.

Blender shape key is never going to be breaking the limits the developers made for software reasons.

Blender lacks any form of realism in the art community, everyone knows it sucks to render anything real.

Bone limitations, even if you put lots of bones, you can't do it in blender.

You are crazy, it is impossible, stop using blender.

Anonymous No. 932387

>>932386

...before you advice others to stop using blender, may i ask you if you use a legit license for your professional 3d software!!?

when you cant proof, your opinion is void!

Anonymous No. 932397

>>932387
owning software doesn't prove anything and unlike everyone who just buys into Adobe or Autodesk. I buy what i do best, making anime with Japan's world famous 3d software called Metasequoia 4.

You can't do this in blender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7Sl3uSG9Q

(No i don't care about proving my license, there is actual way to check it in Metasequoia 4).

Image not available

768x432

1570109499356.jpg

Anonymous No. 932398

>>932397
>the angry Indian guy who never knows the answers is using a Miku Miku Dance type software
AHAHAHAH no wonder you don't know shit. Stop posting, my dude. The next time somebody asks "how do I do X", don't reply "you download Miku Miku Dance and do Y instead". Just don't reply at all unless you know how to do X. Now go play with your dolls.

Anonymous No. 932496

>>932398
MMD is very popular software that a kid can learn to make their animation and models. Blende fails at this, you fail at realizing basic animation, you hurt others instead of realizing the truth that your own advice is crazy.

You are crazy.

Anonymous No. 932552

>>931959
same problem- i like low poly- simple geometry deforms easier but adding descriptive detail means more to go wrong. just tried using the smooth modifier and that relaxed the creases out nice- can isolated it to a vert group and link it to a driver- naturally this approach lacks bulging so maybe shape keys olne might be better but is a quick fix if your sill working on the model.