Image not available

609x593

BBEE7FA2-7854-405....png

🧵 Maya users

Anonymous No. 933662

Should I learn Maya? I have become pretty adept at blender as a modeler but I use zbrush and substance suites in my day to day and will use anything at my disposal. Looking for input from experienced Mayans on how Maya differs and some of its strengths that blender or others may be lacking.

Anonymous No. 933663

eh, unless you're serious about the following:
1. rigging
2. animation
3. looking for a modelling position at a vfx house

you're not going to get much from maya.

also i guess if blender performance is holding you back from working on very high poly assets.

if it's scene layout or w/e maybe learn houdini/solaris or clarisse.

Anonymous No. 933664

You've been talking to yourself on this board for years now.

Anonymous No. 933674

>>933664
Based

Image not available

1253x932

disneyscreen01.jpg

Anonymous No. 933675

>>933662
>strengths that blender or others may be lacking
MAYA is for teams, max/blender are for lone generalists.
You can have results in Maya if you want, but at ten times the workload you would have in max - great for pro teams making animations (dreamworks and Disney uses nothing else, altough heavily swamped with plugins and in-house solutions)

Anonymous No. 933679

>>933675
I thought Disney used a proprietary software called Presto or maybe thats just Pixar. Still Pixar is Disney so why wouldn’t they use their own software?

Image not available

1242x1051

F164749F-34DF-49A....jpg

Anonymous No. 933680

>>933664
This isn’t a recording. This actually MY voice.

Image not available

1280x720

disneyscreen02.jpg

Anonymous No. 933705

>>933679
I don´t think that they can just come up with a crappy in-house solution when modelers and animators are trained in commercial stuff readily available to them like Maya and Max - i think. Maybe. All i know is that op is a Blenderfaggot who will remain in blender and that he won´t ever get access to the plugins and solutions that really makes a difference when using proprietary software, which doesn´t matter anyway since he probably will end up making smut modeled by some other faggot who only ripped DAZ models. And blender can do that.

Anonymous No. 933753

>>933662
Unless you are taking the animation route fully,, yes. Otherwise just stick to Blender.
If you want modeling you either go for 3ds Max for complex realistic pieces like a high poly detail robot like you would see in Transformers, or Zbrush if you want to do characters with high details that you later give them to an animation and rigging team to do the rest.

t. 3d Maya Animator

Anonymous No. 933987

>>933705
Yeah I’m a blender faggot even though I just stated that I use other software and will use anything as long as it gets the job done. Obviously it doesn’t make sense to use blender for something like sculpting or texturing since it isn’t optimized for that. Whole point of the thread is seeing what other modeling packages have to offer. At the end of the day it isn’t about the software it’s about the work. Why so bitter?