Image not available

485x861

rattle.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 934957

SOUND DESIGN

with sound: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkGxZ5BMLXo/

This was created by @rettlesnake on Instagram. He's not a musician but he claims he does sound design for all his videos, so how would I get started on something like this?

I understand there's software like Soundly for SFX but I wanna make simple tunes like he does. Is he using stock samples or creating them? How would I get started on doing something like this?

Anonymous No. 935017

>>934957
I've had a background in music before jumping into 3d, so I've always just used FL Studio to make a track, or to just incorporate the music into the scene by way of reverb/echo to make the sound feel like it's in the space instead of just music over the video.
Makes it a bit hard to sync up with action on screen since I can't see it, but for those I do a fucking retarded solution of putting little sound cues like a beep into the soundtrack of a video editor, export the sound to an mp3, and then use those beeps as cue marks for the sound effects I really want to use in FL Studio.
It's a retarded solution, as I've mentioned, since I'm sure there's proper dubbing software that exists.... right?

Anonymous No. 935025

i actually do sound on the side. skimmed through some of his stuff and it sounds like he's definitely got a bit of background doing teshno and modern electronic stuff.
stuff like the slate and ash kontakt libraries may appeal to you, maybe some reimann loops for rhythm. throw on some effects etc.
however, if you don't have a minimal level of competence doing sound/music already you'll probably fuck it up. there are a million ways to fuck it up.
but here's the good news, for every decent mograph guy on this level, there are a 1000 sound guys on a similar level to this. and they will do it for free as long you do a sound by @ on instagram and also let them post stuff on theirs. especially if you've done commercial work.

Anonymous No. 935059

>>935025
This is kinda sad desu, I hired a very talented guy a few months ago and he charged me 50 bucks for a couple of tracks that were excellent

Anyway I tried out VCV Rack and I think it's the perfect software for this stuff. VCV Rack + Soundly are definitely the tools I need.

Anonymous No. 935073

>>935059
it is a bit sad t bh, but that's just the sound business. usually not a lot of money in it.
vcv's is indeed great if you're so inclined. i guess it makes sense guys used to dealing with nodes would be comfortable with the eurorack format.
if you want to use it inside a DAW and don't want to pay for pro, there's a FOSS fork here with more than enough modules included to get by:
https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal

Anonymous No. 935075

>>935073
Damn, thank you anon

What DAW would you recommend to use with Cardinal? Ideally something either free or open source if possible

Anonymous No. 935080

>>935075
reaper is legitimately amazing for doing sfx work and (even quick video edits) it's 'free' like winrar so the trial will never expire even though it'll say it runs out in 60 days. it's pretty cheap if you do decide to buy it though. the free tutorials on their own site are great for learning the features as well.
google how to get ffmpeg in there to get all the good export options for video as well.