Image not available

2048x2048

DSC_3318.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 936832

Looking for a 3d modeler who is willing to do some spec work or pay per job. If you have connections to 3d printer/figure maker etc would be helpful but I can source that separately if I have a model made.

I have access to a niche market and a large social media following in said niche so marketing it will be easy. I just need help making a figure, taking an object photographed from all angles and lowering the detail to something cartoony but not without losing the essence of the object.

Pic related

Tldr; need a 3d modeler who can make real thing cartoony

Anonymous No. 936844

>>936832
Is the final media for those objects 3d priting? Vr? Just a rendering? Do they need diffusion? Uv mapping? Or just the shape. Are all objects bonsais?

Anonymous No. 936846

>>936844
3D printing would be great, I'd prefer a soft semi flexible plastic.

Correct, they would be bonsai. They would need to be printed in the right colors and slightly textured, but not to exact as the real trees.

Anonymous No. 936847

>>936846
>the right colors and slightly textured
Ok 2 things:
1.you are better off with photogrammetry and model cleanup than straight up 3d modelling. It would produce more consistent results but It will still need processing for 3d printing. For good photogrammetry I can givec you the plans for a turntable I designed.
2.3d printing with diffusion (textures) is not a cheap process and needs specialized equipment. The onlyvway I know you can print with accurate colors is tru additive dextrine powder inkjet 3d printing and thosecmachines are notceasy to access. You can get great models using monocolor stl printing butcthat will also need the use of custom supports for all those detail and also aclot of waste material. If a bonsai is 3000usd you can bet a 3d printed prototype of the same size with accurate colors can cost more. A common 3d print could cost a fraction but It would still need manual work.

Do you have any idea of what you are talking? Do you have any rral world examples?

https://polygonalminiatures.com/shop/exterior/bonsai/bonsai-17-2/

Image not available

800x883

images.jpg

Anonymous No. 936853

>>936847
Thank you for the link and info.

This is my first time coming to this board and I didn't know what to expect.

I want to make miniatures of nice trees that I work with as prototypes, and hopefully of famous bonsai in the near future when I have more time. I think those would be best to make and profit from.

I really like the photogrammetry idea. Couldn't that be done with a standard turn table?

I don't need need accurate colors, in fact it would be better if they were exaggerated. Flat green for foliage and moss , brownish orange for live tissue, white for dead wood and brown for the pot. I wouldn't even want branches detailed. The more simple the model the better honestly.

Here's an example of a famous tree. And me getting photos of it is a small conversation and a road trip.

Image not available

554x554

images (2).jpg

Anonymous No. 936855

>>936847
Here's kind of the level of detail I'd want.

A soft / rubbery plastic, like toys from a gotcha machine

Anonymous No. 936856

If I can prototype it with one of the trees i have available, I will be able to convince the owners of the more prolific/named trees to create a figurine of them

the chair nerd No. 936858

>>936853
>Couldn't that be done with a standard turn table?
Yes.

>>936855
Oh ok that level of detail is actually achievable tru conventional 3d printing but the 3d model has to be broken in pieces so the colors match model sections. Also that kind of LOD is better achieved tru conventional modelling.

Take a look at this technique: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5710622

the chair nerd No. 936860

>>936853
>>936855
>>936856
>>936858

>The more simple the model the better honestly.

I would strongly suggest you learn 3d modelling basics. This level of detail can be achieved with a little practice: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5710622

Image not available

1200x800

8fdd1f_957fcd5f54....jpg

Anonymous No. 937030

>>936860

What's the going rate for modeling if I provided shots from all angles to model these?

the chair nerd No. 937061

>>937030
On a cartoony level that would take about 2-3 hours for a 3d printeable model using the thingiverse leaves technique. The modelcwould include a separatecobject for the pot, the soil, the trunk and 2 or 3 volumes for the leaves. My hourly rate for this kind of hobby stuff is 50 bucks /hour but this is better negotiated in bulk like 10 trees for 1000 bucks. I would give you the stl file but not the original file. You can actually model a tree like this in 30 minutes but you want a model that can actually be 3d printed so it adds complexity and pre-planning.

the chair nerd No. 937183

>>937061
Radio Silence* You can also hire a pajeet on upwork that does this model for 2 dollars and gives you a curry stained stl.

Anonymous No. 937260

>>937183
People love feeling like they're getting a good deal by paying below the going rate of any sane artist and getting shit quality. Been sent models to print that were full of zero-width walls and shit. If one doesn't know how to operate and use a 3D printer, they probably can't model printable files.

How would the OP would react to someone implying their bonsais aren't worth nearly as much as a real tree.

the chair nerd No. 937262

>>937260
>How would the OP would react to someone implying their bonsais aren't worth nearly as much as a real tree.

Yep my feelings exactly. Even at 150 bucks a model I am taking a chance because this will definitely have a huge upfront cost in work hours and testing from my part before getting to know how to correctly get bonsai 3d models that do well in a conventional printer. But I think I scared OP with this price witch I think is a fair rate for a modeller that has experience with 3d printing and industrial design.

The same stuff as always some one reads an article for 3d printing and thinks that 3d modelling and 3d printing is just as easy as shooting fish from a barrel. I think OP thought he could get 3d printing ready models at 30 bucks a pop and 3d printing was just as easy as going to a Staples and getting a cleaned up toy like full color miniature of a tree to sell as a toy to the original tree owner.

OP if you are reading this I really hope you follow up. I don't need the job I always offer myself to jobs that I have never dont because I love new challenges but my time is not free (150 bucks is less than a 20 minute massage in the us but it's more than the monthly wage in my country).

That's why I still strongly encourage you to try and make a test by yourself. A 3d printer is 200 bucks, a blender license is free and you can invest a good 20 hours to model a tree and get decent results.You cloud learn a new skill, ditch the middle man and create fun business for you and your bonsai friends.

Anonymous No. 938024

>>936832
i've been working on 3d printing injection molds lately. i would recommend breaking it into a few smaller pieces that plug in/glue to eachother like a garage kit. this has the benefit of being able to cast or print all of the leaf clusters in a green plastic and the trunks and pot as other colours.

Anonymous No. 941253

Yeah I can do it, but I need my progs back and I can't afford them. Computer fried and lost my rhinoceros and 3dsmax copy. Still trying to recover data so there's some hope, but it's remote. But I can 3d model really well and can 3d print in FDM and resin, but I'm limited on the kind of resin I can use because the other kinds fuck me up healthwise and my resin printer is of a limited size, but works fine for miniatures. What do you need? How much can you pay etc?