Image not available

533x800

alter_Edmond_01.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 937350

Is there a guide on translating 2d concepts into 3d designs? I'm specifically looking one for figurines.

I want to know how much a sculpture should follow the 2d illustration, and what can be "glossed over" (aka the 3d will "dominate" the picture, because it must follow the physics of 3d). It sucks because I found courses, but they're all in japanese or chinese.

I'm wondering if there's an english one out there, or if there's an english translation available.

Anonymous No. 937351

I think one of the big problems you'll face is depth with clothing. The picture you see is a good example because amature people would make it too big or out of plain. I know not of making something 3D into real figures but maybe something like sculpting could be a starting point.

Anonymous No. 937352

>>937350
learn2draw.

Anonymous No. 937356

Concept art for specifically made for 3D characters is usually a front, back and side view.
These are then imported as planes along the axis and "traced" in 3d.
It's quite an arduous process and imho should be done with an algorithm which hopefully will happen shortly with recent improvements in transformer neural networks.

If you are taking a general drawing there is much more to it and you can exercise more creativity which is a good thing these days.

Anonymous No. 937357

>>937356
Thats not how you do it

Anonymous No. 937365

>>937357
wdym?

Anonymous No. 937379

>>937350
figures are usually designed with real sculpting(or at least it was like that in the past)
you could watch some videos with professional artists showing off their workplace and work routine, some more popular videos will get subtitles

Anonymous No. 937434

>>937379
>youtube remove community subtitles
I still haven't forgot what youtube did

Anonymous No. 937441

>>937434
unfortunately google is a bunch of stupid faggots, moving on was the only option all this time