566x291

mix.png

๐Ÿงต WHAT THE FUCK?!??!

Anonymous No. 937791

No.
No.
Just no.
I refuse to believe it.
Are you seriously telling me that *THIS* is how you paint 2 textures on one object in Blender?!?
Are you literally, seriously telling me I need THREE textures to make TWO textures?!?
Are you literally, seriously, unironically motherfucking telling me if I want more than 2 textures I need to motherfucking nest them into a tree of mixer shaders, each one with its own specific mask texture?!?
And I can't even have different UV maps for different textures?????
WHAT
THE
ACTUAL
FUCK
Were they thinking?!?
What mentally disturbed person conceived something like this?!?
And no, I'm not (or rather, I wasn't) a Blender hater. I swear to God, I actually LOVED Blender until some days ago.
For the love of everything that's sacred in this world, please give me some free tool that allows me to make textures in a mentally sane way.

Anonymous No. 937792

>>937791
>I need THREE textures to make TWO textures
If you want to use a mask to mix them, yes, how is this a difficult concept you retard?

>And I can't even have different UV maps for different textures
What do you think the blue input at the bottom is for, retard?

READ THE FUCKING MANUAL BEFORE YOU COME HERE AND SHIT UP THE BOARD WITH YOUR RETARDED QUESTIONS, MORON

Anonymous No. 937793

>>937791
>each one with its own specific mask texture
No, you can use a single mask texture for many different textures if you want, although the setup would be a little awkward.
For example, R channel blends between textures 1/2 and gives blended texture X
G channel blends between texture X and texture 3 to give texture Y.
B channel blends between Y and texture 4 to give the final output texture.

If you only need blending between two textures at any given texel, you could also try a setup where you specify two textures by numerical ID in the RG components, and then blend between those two with B. This would allow any number of textures (thousands if you want) with a single mask.

Anonymous No. 937794

You can also separate RGB channels into three different alphas.

Anonymous No. 937795

>>937791
Just use color coded textures and a Separate RGB node for each texture.

Anonymous No. 937796

Or you can just use the alpha channel as the blend factor if you're literally painting the textures and not doing some procedural shit with tiling ones.
But yeah I wish the old texture stack was available, nodes are nice but sometimes it's simpler with just the stack.

Anonymous No. 937922

>>937791
again. for the 10000th time:
blender is NOT an usable piece of software meant to give you results - it's a LICENSE GENERATOR. you create in pirated zbrush, 3ds max, maya etc, import to blender, export again ==> "made in blender"

actually being dumb enough to use its alibi tools is like going to a mafia restaurant for the fucking pizza - it's a FRONT, you asshole, not a regular restaurant.

Anonymous No. 937933

>>937922
most retarded take I've read all month, lmao

Image not available

924x727

1664542485039.jpg

Anonymous No. 938031

>>937922
Thanks for the laugh, anon.

Anonymous No. 938043

>>937922
/thread
another use of Blender is to try out what 3D even is for absolute beginners and then continue learning with actual software

Anonymous No. 938056

>>937791
Just because you can use Blender to paint textures doesn't mean you should. Get a real texturing program, dumbass.

Anonymous No. 938060

>>938043
I just use it look at game models I want to fap to. I've done it so much anything t-shaped gives me an erection.

Image not available

1026x802

hypersad.jpg

Anonymous No. 938061

>>937791
Maya does the same shady hacks. Are be being scammed?

Image not available

506x608

1645789806372.png

Anonymous No. 938062

>>937922
>actually being dumb enough to use its alibi tools is like going to a mafia restaurant for the fucking pizza - it's a FRONT, you asshole, not a regular restaurant.

Anonymous No. 938732

>>938056
Like what?

Anonymous No. 938781

>>937791
Just use substance painter or mudbox for texturing you monkey brain