Image not available

480x274

DeathNoteDramatic....jpg

๐Ÿงต What's good about 3d Modeling ?

Anonymous No. 940543

I've been struggling with a simple assignment using blender for an elective class for almost 2 weeks and I can't seem to care about it or bring myself to learn how to use the tools efficiently, i've let myself do things inefficient and stumble over every small hurdle (e.g. cycles render makes everything black, not starting from a cube for everything, just quitting when it crashes and like 3 mins of progress is lost).

What's a single redeemable thing about 3D modelling or even 3D production in general?? What excites you about this field???
pic unrelated

Anonymous No. 940555

>>940543
To me the reason I'm into 3D graphics over any other artform is that is enables one to build and
explore the worlds that otherwise would just exist in our imagination or as something static on a canvas.
3D graphics drew me in many years ago because how it enable a single artist to make their own creations come alive in a big way.

I personally don't care about CGI and highend offline stuff any more (much prefer viewing practical effects if I sit down to a film now days)
but the fusion of creating stuff in a DCC applications and make it interactive inside a game-engine is where I get really psyched these days.

You just can't traverse places and walk up to characters from your own inner universe in any other media. To me it's the highest art-form we command for this reason.

Anonymous No. 940563

>>940555
Exactly this is the reason I got into 3D as well.

Image not available

927x853

3d1644794252536.jpg

Anonymous No. 940568

>>940543
It's a compromise artform between automation and artistic vision, if you draw you have to draw everything yourself, no exception; even when doing it digitally, automation is largely limited to some color correction and basic shapes, where even at a beginner level of 3d art you can take 4 models of trees + 1 tiling grass texture and scatter them with a modifier to create a background forest in <5 minutes.
>I've been struggling with a simple assignment
The problem you're facing is you aren't doing projects you yourself are excited to do, that's true for any artistic medium. Eg. if you're into rock and roll and you get into music, only to be told you'd be playing nursery rhymes for 2 years, that's not gonna motivate you. Think of what you want to use the medium for and the skills you'll learn with trash projects that'll transfer onto the things you want to do with it.
Or just realize you're not the kind of person who can into art and do something else with y our time.

Anonymous No. 940588

>>940568
I was doing too much it turns out.

Anonymous No. 940615

>>940588
i'm such a klutz, i submitted the documentation and the end productuct but not the scene lmao. Looks like i may fail this elective.

Anonymous No. 940616

>>940568
>if you draw you have to draw everything yourself, no exception
loads of people trace

Anonymous No. 940629

>>940543
asking someone to explain a passion or fascination as if it were a logical/left-brain thing is the dumbest fucking question I've ever heard.