Image not available

386x308

1676799559984353.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 940832

How do you stay motivated when you've worked on a portfolio piece for a long period of time, say a month and still have at least that time left in order for it to be even remotely industry standard? I've turned to weed, but each time I use I feel it less and less.

Anonymous No. 940856

>>940832
Your willpower works just like a muscle anon. If you want it to grow stronger than it naturally is it must be deliberately trained.
The way you strengthen your will is thru doing any activity that causes you discomfort for ever increasing duration of time.

I also find it effective to threaten myself by promising that if I don't complete task X before a set deadline I have to do something else I hate
like say go for a run much longer than I'm comfortable with as punishment.

Just like the physical pain you experience during exercise is weakness leaving your body, so is the mental exhaustion you chose to endure your will growing less weak.

If you depend on staying motivated you'll be a prisoner to the whims of your psychological life. You want command over whether you succeed or not you must learn to power thru.

Anonymous No. 941497

meditate on the regret you'll live with forever if you give up

Anonymous No. 941499

>damn i'm feeling unmotivated, better smoke a drug that's infamous for making people unmotivated and listless even after the main effects have worn off

Anonymous No. 941506

>>941499
>combusting when edibles exist

Anonymous No. 941674

>>941499
new studies have found that cannabis does NOT interfere with motivations if they are strong enough.
Cannabis actually has the potential to make a person MORE concentrated on a goal by removing mental distraction. This is why it works for (some) people with ADHD.
But this is dependent on certain genetics related to brain-chemistry - there are people that can use it as a booster for concentration and motivation and there are people where it doesn't work this way.
For me it can go both ways, which means that in the end it depends on WILLPOWER and DISCIPLINE and nothing else.
Being lazy is an decision. Letting yourself get distracted is a decision (or a lack of decision-making).
Cannabis can be detrimental or helpful, but with enough willpower/discipline it simply doesn't matter that much.

Anonymous No. 941678

>>941674
clearly isn't working for op

Anonymous No. 941692

>>941678
because he is lacking willpower and discipline.
>>940856 is right

Anonymous No. 942357

>>940832
Weed is shit it just fries your brain cells nothing more. If you aren't motivated enough to move your ass past the discomfort of actually working for your goals well too bad for you. It never comes in easy, for all of us. But be sure that if you give up there's a million people behind that are getting better everyday and who will eventually take your spot in the industry. What's worse, slacking and constantly feeling guilt on the back of your mind or actually moving closer to your objectives? Keep pushing and you'll make it anon, work always pays off

Anonymous No. 942358

was losing faith
just did a render
looks banging
back at it

Image not available

1719x1200

Bob-Ross.jpg

Anonymous No. 942438

>>940832
your skill matters, but not as much as you enjoying what you do regardless of what comes out, learning new tricks or bringing my ideas into reality ussually is enough for me to keep going.

Anonymous No. 943677

>>940832
>I've turned to weed, but each time I use I feel it less and less.
Tolerance can build up quickly, usually it'll go back more or less to normal within a week, probably as soon as 2-3 days. I'd recommend coffee and tea, too. Get a teapot and a Bialetti.

Anonymous No. 944109

>weed is actually good for you it's real science I swear

Anonymous No. 946463

>>940832
>>941674
>muh cherrypicked studies say my addiction is good
>I'm not a loser, I swear!
>I secretly have willpower and addiction, but I just haven't used it yet!
If you can't stay motivated to work on things that are good for you, then you're not going to make it. Time is running out.

Anonymous No. 946868

>>940832
I work everyday

Anonymous No. 947452

>>941674
>Cannabis actually has the potential to make a person MORE concentrated on a goal by removing mental distraction. This is why it works for (some) people with ADHD.
>works for.. ADHD
how about taking stuff that has actually good effect on concentration, nobody prescribes weed to help kids with ADHD
>But this is dependent on certain genetics related to brain-chemistry
please study some psychology/biology/chemistry before writing inane shit of this kind

Anonymous No. 947454

>>947452
>nobody prescribes weed to help kids with ADHD
Doctor Dre