Image not available

2000x2000

lightwave_by_newt....jpg

๐Ÿงต LightWave 3D is BACK

Anonymous No. 942456

Dear LightWave Community,

LightWave 3D is a proven, Emmy award-winning modelling, animation and render program, with a legion of followers and dedicated users such as yourselves. At Vizrt Group we have been looking for a home that offers the commitment and the enthusiasm it deserves.

With over 30 years in the animation and FX industry, Andrew Bishop and his team have now stepped forward to acquire LightWave 3D under the name LightWave Digital. Some of you may know Andrew from his VFX work and bringing LightWave 3D to UK and European market alongside handling distribution in the UK.

We did not make this decision lightly. The desire has always been to ensure LightWave 3D has a future with a team that has a strong desire to breathe new life into the technology, bring more value to users, and usher in the next generation of 3D graphics for film, animation, and VFX.

We are certain under this ownership; Andrew and his team will deliver this and more. As our transaction with Andrew and his team finalizes, more information will be shared.

For now, the new team can be contacted through this Discord channel here.

https://go.newtek.com/e/428312/invite-the-future-of-lightwave/79rhdt/1229832615?h=2SLeaNI8dDHLfdbr40zwy7tk6AVqeWyihsw2uwcDjVo

Image not available

1280x720

jet_cooper-blood_....jpg

3D Boomer No. 942457

The old programmers bought LightWave3D.
They will lower the price and bring it back to glory

Anonymous No. 942462

Unless thy make it MIT licensed open source, I don't care. And maybe they're just preparing for a round of patent trolling.

3D Boomer No. 942464

No they won't.

They are just fans that don't want to let their loved 3D software die. It is a passion project, they are not in it for the money.

Anonymous No. 942476

>>942456
I want Softimage.

Anonymous No. 942497

You can't have Softimage.

The Autojew will never let you use the best 3D software ever made.

Softimage was a white men software.

Anonymous No. 942520

LW is a chance for you to uncuck yourself from the blue hair communists (Blender) and the Autojews (Maya, 3DS). C4D are Nazis, hope Russia take care of them.

Why don't you try Lightwave? There is more stuff made with LW than all the other 3D software combined.

Anonymous No. 942561

I think your generation is not any good at 3DCG. You are used to pressing a magic button that does everything for you.

You can do amazing water simulation in Lightwave, but the feature is not called "Water Simulation" becauses LW is more flexible than that. So you may thinkg that LW cannot do that. But it can acually do more.

Anonymous No. 942582

>>942456

...whats so special about lightwave?

Anonymous No. 942583

It is the industry best kept secret. Or hidden gem.

Althoug it will get a well deserved refresh by the old new passionate team of programmers and fans.

It is the easiest 3D software to master and is probably the closest thing animation wise to Maya. It has a little bit of everything and is used in almost every tv shows and movies in one form or another.

You can expect big changes comming soon to LW this summer. it is no longer the greedy share holder vs users. The users and programmers took control of the software now.

Anonymous No. 942584

It will prbably be more affordable soon and they will add the necessary features to keep it competitive. It also has plenty of cool plugins.

Ccheck it in 1 or 2 months when the new team takover.

Anonymous No. 942588

>>942462
Are you a genius mathematician & programmer who wants to contribute or just a grubby gibsmedat thirdie?

Anonymous No. 942590

Just a user and a fan

Anonymous No. 942594

I only use lightwave on my amiga

Anonymous No. 942602

>>942520
>C4D are Nazis
wtf, I love C4D now

Anonymous No. 942634

This place is for CG Larpers, that is why no one is using Lightwave.

Lightwave users have jobs and they work in the industry. So sad to see that there is no decent successors, only Blendlets.

Image not available

640x606

1658140642062598.jpg

Anonymous No. 942704

>>942456

... does the world rly need another, "better", "more awsome", "ultra uber" 3d software when there are already tons of applications! ...when software dies, it has a reason, and nostalgica doesnt cover how broken the ware is in its core!

...for sake of god, let the dead rest in peace!

Anonymous No. 942773

Lightwave is not dead, it never has been. They have transisitioned ownership twice in 3 years. Now they are finally in the hand of dedicated users (and studio). Everything will move faster for LW now that the big wigs are gone.

Share holders vs users is never a good thing. That is why Maya and 3DS Max have not imporved in 20 years.

Anonymous No. 942794

downloading

Anonymous No. 942800

>>942773
>They have transisitioned ownership twice in 3 years.

...this is the issue! whats when the new team loose drive, loose motivation, etc, because the product doesnt find any costumers, to much other hustle/ESG, diversity hires, women), and you as an enthusiastic user has invested a few hundred/thausand hours to build tools and stuff and the software dies again!?

continuity thats what user needs, not the best, most powerfull, cool gimmicks or some obscure legendary status of a once great application ....

... the application i use will be still available in 10 or 20 years and all invested time in the toolchain/pipeline will not be wasted ...

Image not available

1920x1080

Genoma_09.png

Anonymous No. 942846

Lightwave is the easiest and the most efficient 3D software. No bloat, just the stuff you need.

Anonymous No. 942847

Can you do that with with Blunder?

https://youtu.be/jlAe_tPw3mY

Image not available

1928x1178

Nevron_004.jpg

Anonymous No. 942851

Please, always make sure that this Lighwave3D thread stays above Maya. You would not want to give more money to the Autojews.

Image not available

474x266

OIP.jpg

Anonymous No. 942961

Your favorite movies, tv shows and games were and are still made with Lightwave.

Anonymous No. 942982

We used Lightwave at our studio up until about three or four years ago. The writing was on the wall and it made no sense to keep moving forward with EOL software. Although I was never a LW fan, I can admit it had some good things going for it. It was very straightforward and to the point, it provided artist-friendly interfaces for a lot of its tools, and in general it was easy to get into and bang work out quickly. That was its strength IMO. But there were also a lot of infuriating things about it and performance was always a big problem with larger projects. I don't think Newtek ever had the money to fix some of the deeper-rooted issues with the software.

We moved to Maya, and even though I think it's a piece of shit, I have no desire to go back to LW. I think anon above is being a bit disingenuous when he says things like Lightwave is not dead, and studios are totally definitely still using it. It's great that someone is picking up development so that the LW die-hards that never moved on can continue using their favorite 3D application, but for 2023 it would take a monumental amount of work to get it to be competitive with the likes of Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc.

Image not available

474x286

flock.jpg

Anonymous No. 943066

Lightwave has good enough croud simulation : Flock

Image not available

1920x1029

donut.jpg

Anonymous No. 943247

Lightwave can also donut

Image not available

932x504

lwb.jpg

Anonymous No. 943460

A cheap and simple 3D software like Lightwave is a perfect match for indie and amateur artists.

Anonymous No. 944791

Umemaro and Shirow Masamune use Lightwave so it seems pretty based.

Anonymous No. 944803

>>942520
Where does that make Modo? Other than Foundry's unloved ginger stepchild.

Anonymous No. 944805

>>944803
What does that make...

Image not available

447x468

1658043854475.png

Anonymous No. 944812

>>943460
>lw subscription with endless jewish hustle
>or
>new graficscard and keep on using blender for free

...i go with the hardware, than with dreams and hopes!

Image not available

4096x3072

b5.jpg

Anonymous No. 944944

Lightwave 2023 will be anounced today 16:00

www.lightwave3d.com

Fallow on Discord
https://go.newtek.com/e/428312/invite-the-future-of-lightwave/79rhdt/1229832615?h=2SLeaNI8dDHLfdbr40zwy7tk6AVqeWyihsw2uwcDjVo

Anonymous No. 944991

>>942582
The install is only 16mb.

Image not available

1275x717

metro.png

Anonymous No. 945312

Now that LW 2023 will be sold for 199$, will you buy it this time?

Image not available

1098x668

bug.png

Anonymous No. 945313

https://lightwave3dx.com

Anonymous No. 945314

Password for the new website is :

4JM26Z9

Anonymous No. 945609

So what did they annouce at their stream, what's their business model now?

>>944803
Modo is a shitshow, it could have been nice if they marketed it as a purely modeling/product design suite but they didn't even try
I wish its falloffs and a few of its unique fast and useable features were somewhere else

>>945314
Doesn't work

Anonymous No. 945630

>>942583
how does this compare to something likes blender?