Image not available

915x977

WE'RE STUCK ....png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต What's the best course for me learning how to draw stylized textures?

Anonymous No. 943148

I am making a game, I grab my pen tablet and my brain shuts down on how to draw a texture. Like let's say I want to draw the textures for a wooden crate. I want to know what techniques people use when they're doing things like. Let's say you have a street and there's paint on the street. But the paint is washed out. I know I should use a transparent layer for the paint , but when drawing the paint I'm not quite sure wtf do I do in blender to make it look authentic. Like the brushes in blender are just a circle brush? Am I supposed to export the texture in photoshop, use photoshop to draw the texture, then import it back into blender? Am I supposed to partially do textures in blender, then partially do it in photoshop? AM I supposed to ONLY draw the textures in photoshop, then import it into blender without doing any "touch ups". I am looking for a tutorial that shows the workflow for this. When I try to use photoshop only I get stumped because am I supposed to draw the entire texture from scratch? Or am I supposed to use an existing texture, and just add my own touches to it? A tutorial showing people do this start to end will help (especially if it's stylized. I don't want things too realistic looking, since it's anime art style)

Anonymous No. 943154

>>943148
>how to draw stylized textures?
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/60E5-5E13-712C-5315

Anonymous No. 943175

>>943154
Huh, this works. Just going to learn how to translate this into blender then I'm ready.

Anonymous No. 943179

>>943175
Or you can stop using blender and learn how to program it in real industry 3d software that takes 10 seconds to make

Anonymous No. 943192

>>943175
the AO map is basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxBqYbYcPs
To do the point light map just load a metallic material and a couple of lights and bake it just like the other but in combined with all the lights
Finally to make the color map just use vertext paint in the hight poly and bake it just like the others but as diffuse without lights, the metallic has to be 0.
After that just use a img editor to make the texture, you can load decals and things like that there too.
this is how you make the textures from sculpts, ofc you can try to handpaint them too but that requires more practise.

Anonymous No. 943195

>>943148
>don't want things too realistic looking, since it's anime art style
It's in the material not the texture.
Just download a bunch of these, self explanatory which is which.
https://open3dlab.com/?universe_tag=31
https://smutba.se/?universe_tag=31

And look at what they did in the shader node editor.
Most of it is a mess since everybody is doing that but if you really want to learn something you can take it apart and do it from scratch once you understand what's happening.

Image not available

1536x1536

dangan1.png

Anonymous No. 943206

>>943195
What about textures like Danganronpa? Is everything drawn from scratch no reference, or do they use something to help the process. Like if you are texturing the floor, is there a fast way to come up with a texture like this?

Anonymous No. 943227

>>943206
Of course they use reference

Anonymous No. 943275

>>943148
>I am making a game
and you can't even make something as simple as the easiest kind of textures there are? lmao good luck with your "game". really looking forward to it.

Anonymous No. 943438

>>943148
OP you seem like you need more confidence. Asking how I should do X ten times just speaks to your indecisiveness. There are many ways to do things in game dev, no one method is necessarily correct, though some ways are more efficient. ffs.

Anonymous No. 943539

>>943148
>Like the brushes in blender are just a circle brush?
Import your own brushes for each thing that requires one, retard.
>a million questions about workflow
>I am looking for a tutorial that shows the workflow for this.
Why haven't you bought a course?
>When I try to use photoshop only I get stumped because am I supposed to draw the entire texture from scratch? Or am I supposed to use an existing texture, and just add my own touches to it?
You can do either way depending on what you want to achieve. You are the one who knows, and if the problem is that you don't know, then you're fucked.
>especially if it's stylized. I don't want things too realistic looking, since it's anime art style
What? Stylized and anime are two completely different styles... I can already guess the bastard style you're gonna put out. It's exactly the same that many others have used and flopped with.
>>943206
>is there a fast way to come up with a texture like this?
Yes. Dude buy a course on Udemy, because clearly you don't know even the basics.

Anonymous No. 943599

>>943275
Miserable ugly chudcel

Anonymous No. 943651

>>943599
-ACK! yourself

Anonymous No. 943656

>>943175
blender is ok for textures and it can complete the task probably, but it really is mostly for modeling

Anonymous No. 943662

>>943599
dude I didn't ask WHY you are making a "game" lmao