Image not available

1444x589

whitegriive.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Marmoset AO baking No. 943374

Hey guys. I have a problem with baking Ambient Occlusion in Marmoset. All on picture. I've tried everything that seems to be possible, but I still get this damn white stripe at the joints of the meshes.
And this is not a seam, yes
I know that this can be fixed in photoshop, but I have not a free thousand years of my life
Using a painter instead of a marmoset for baking is also not a very good option...
Maybe someone can help me?

Anonymous No. 943375

>>943374
Increase UV padding.

Image not available

524x522

12.png

Marmoset AO baking No. 943377

>>943375
i will kill myself............................

Anonymous No. 943381

>>943377
no, in Marmost, there's a UV padding option that blurs your AO outwards from the UV islands that's called UV padding.

The white line in your picture is there because there doesn't seem to be a white background color in your texture with the AO not extending outwards enough, which leads to your UVs sampling first the correct "dark" edge but then "slipping out of the island" where only white is present, turning the very edge of your UV islands pure white.

This is a limitation inherent to how UVs work, you can read a bit about it here:
http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Edge_padding

The first row is basically what's happening in your pic, unwanted colors from neighbor pixels are bleeding into your UV island.
The second row shows how edge padding can help "push back the unwanted colors".

Image not available

834x683

13.png

Marmoset AO baking No. 943383

>>943381
I don't think that's my problem. I tried different padding in Marmoset (8,16,512, 1024lol...), but the problem persisted.

The white lines doesn't appear at the seams, but everywhere, look

Anonymous No. 943384

>>943383
huh, it seems like Marmoset is baking those white lines into the texture... have you checked your baking cage? If there's a hard edge there the cage could cause render overlap where both islands think the crease is on "their side" and render their own crease independently, both slightly off center.

Marmoset AO baking No. 943388

>>943384
There are no sharp edges at all. And yes I checked cage, all ok. This shit happens even when there is no edge at all in a problematic place, only a face.
And with the same model in the Substance Painter everything is baked well! Some incomprehensible bullshit.

Anonymous No. 943405

>>943388
damn, that's weird... sorry I couldn't help

Marmoset AO baking No. 943406

>>943405
Finally! I just downloaded Marmoset 3 (instead of 4) and all works fine. Thanks for trying to help. After three terrible days, my soul calmed down.

Anonymous No. 943959

>>943388
open the texture in photoshop and paint the white edge out.