Image not available

1072x1172

Team3D.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 944620

Any advice on working with others during a project?

Anonymous No. 944635

like professional? or for fun?

For me professionally I started to succeed at studios when I killed me ego. I initially felt threatened by any new artist brought in, and constantly got worried I was going to get axes. Definitely happened early in my career, but I learned it was better to approach those artist befriend them and use them for knowledge. Plus most people love to feel above others so they're more willing to share knowledge when you approach them like a little bitch.

Anonymous No. 944644

>>944635
>Plus most people love to feel above others so they're more willing to share knowledge when you approach them like a little bitch.
You'd be surprised at some people's motivations for sharing knowledge. I was one of those people in class who knew everything and people would come to me for shit.
I'd help them out not because I wanted to feel superior, but just so I had something nice to look at during critiques and stuff. Seeing how others solved a given problem was part of the fun, and would open up my own perspective, so if they were getting bogged down trying to figure out the program instead of actually making shit, I was all too happy to help.
It isn't wholly altruistic and I did see some benefit like I said, but I'm sure plenty of people in a collaborative environment want to help just to see the group get better and work on their level. Since having people at your level invites more opportunities for true creative collaboration and expression. The "machine" working in perfect sync and all that. It's a good way to make friends too.

Anonymous No. 944647

>>944644
You went to "class" in a field that requires none and now you post on 4chan and not reddit /r/vfx. You're not someone who should be giving advice.

Anonymous No. 944675

>>944647
This was for traditional and digital art. Graphic design, publications, and illustration type shit.
Nowhere did I specify it had anything to do with 3d, nor does the advice need to adhere to it either.

Anonymous No. 944679

>>944644
based perspective

Anonymous No. 944933

>>944647
Is everyone here bad at CG or something?

Anonymous No. 944934

>>944933
yes

Anonymous No. 944967

>>944620
yeah eat like two entire packs of laxatives, then shit in the toilet tank. put the dirty wipes in a plastic bag so you can hide them in your coworkers hoodie.

the next person that flushes will flush with your diarrhea! it's fun for the whole family.

Anonymous No. 944985

people who are good at what they do are usually great to work with.
be one of those people.

Anonymous No. 945131

>>944985
the hard part is clearly not being a nice and competent guy (anyone can do that), but how to deal with the incompetent, the assholes and the deceiving snakes.
"dude just be nice bro" leads to a miserable life where you always get least in relation to what you put in and where everyone takes advantage of your gullibility with a sweet, warm smile.

be the guy that is competent, take fucking credit for your own work and keep the recipe for the magic that you invested time and sweat into for yourself,even if the people seem friendly.

this is a dirty, disgusting hellish place where almost no one is good to you without (possible) rewards in mind. act accordingly.

Anonymous No. 945133

>>945131
cont. :

when it comes to teaching others, remember how much you were helped on the way up. I, for instance, learned literally everything by myself. why would I then simply give you the parts that I personally added/came up with and that make me stand out?

ergo: in a group of artists, always be the one who can make seemingly impossible things work, and when people ask, you don't remember how exactly it worked and you're more of a right-brained intuitive guy, haha (while you actually wrote your own scripts that you never share because you're not their fucking hooker).

ALWAYS ASSUME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.