Image not available

640x373

C648C6E9-A770-455....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 945493

Is there any decent free CAD software out there? Stuff like FreeCAD is janky as hell and feature-poor, and Fusion 360 is nice but the free version only lets you save 10 files at a time and you can't use it commercially

Anonymous No. 945500

>>945493
yeah grindr. com

Anonymous No. 945532

>>945493
Commercial use is your problem, otherwise I would suggest Solid Edge Community which has lots of bells and whistles but is non-commercial. I have also read that you can download NX for non-commercial use but haven't tried that as I am avoiding their (local reseller) reps at the moment.

Otherwise Onshape (similar limitations to F360) or Creo Elements Express or whatever it is (aka CoCreate)

Anonymous No. 945533

>>945532
There's also a student version of T-Flex available, depending on your tolerance of Russian software...

Anonymous No. 945548

>>945532
On the commercial use thing, say I use it to create game assets which then get retopo-d in Blender, and then eventually sell the game. Is that still considered commercial use of Fusion 360, or have the Blender edits sufficiently changed it?
Usually I'd just assume "well it'll be fine, there's no way for them to prove it's made in their software" but Fusion is cloud saving-based so I'd imagine they probably have backups of everything if they ever need them for a lawsuit

Anonymous No. 945553

>>945548
Don't know. One of the worries about cloud apps is not knowing what's crawling over your work without your knowledge.

If your work is noticeably unique and generates enough sales then it's entirely possible they could go after you though not sure how likely it is they would bother with a one man band. Autodesk are notoriously agressive at chasing down "improper" licensing.

Anonymous No. 946094

>>945553
"Fusion 360 can work offline but must connect to the internet every two weeks to validate the license, push updates, and sync data."
For community edition i dont know how saving is altered

Anonymous No. 946148

Currently learning Onshape for non-commercial. All of your designs will be public and its a web app that requires an internet connection; those are the two major downsides.

Solidworks now has a Maker's edition for 100/year. Also cloud software.

Sadly, not many options. I'd still rather deal the restrictions than use the dumpster fire that is FreeCAD, though.

Image not available

540x1080

EVA 2.jpg

Anonymous No. 946431

>>945493
Anyone know where can I fetch a pirate version of Inventor? The torrents I've found are infected with a virus.

>I'd still rather deal the restrictions than use the dumpster fire that is FreeCAD, though.
Same. I really wanted it to work but it doesn't even have automatic constraints.

>>945532
Does it let you edit parameters, and does it update the model accordingly if you modify the parameters? That's the coolest part of Fusion, pity they went full jew.

Anonymous No. 947057

>>945493
Should I power through the autism that is FreeCAD to make enclosures and basic 3D printable parts? I've made a few but I'm not very good at it
I am an EE by trade so enclosures are only meant to hide the electronics inside

Anonymous No. 948524

>>946431
>I really wanted it to work but it doesn't even have automatic constraints.
What do you mean by this? What would the constraints automatically do?

Anonymous No. 948525

>>947057
If you watch through this tutorial series, it's very doable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh5aN_Di8J0
Just put him on 1.5X speed to make it tolerable to listen to.

Anonymous No. 948957

Fusion360 is legitimately so so good in terms of functionality. I'm pissed that the licensing is so BS. Given that it's just a shitty electron app, surely someone could recreate a FOSS version with all the main features? I hate the idea that all the skills I spent so long building are effectively stripped away from me, as Autodesk decides that hobby tier should have less and less features, but then that's proprietary software for you. Can't even export to most filetypes without begging Autodesk cloud servers to process it for you, takes literally 5 minutes when it would've taken 10 seconds locally on my machine.