Image not available

709x358

ue5.png

๐Ÿงต Newfag UE5 VR developer in need of some help

Anonymous No. 946003

Hello, /3/. I'm a newfag VR developer. I'm going to get quickly to the point. I want to develop VR games, possibly really beginner VR hardware in the future.

I own a pretty good computer myself, Unreal Engine and all my UE projects run on my SSD. However, it takes forever for UE5 to load projects.

Do you have any suggestions? Please let them know in the replies.

Anonymous No. 946004

>>946003
VR is dead

Anonymous No. 946006

>>946004
shut yo bitch ass up

Anonymous No. 946007

>>946006
:O

Anonymous No. 946009

>>946004
Seconding this, VR is such a fundamentally pointless technology that Zuck's tens of billions nevermind a *global pandemic lockdown* couldn't prop it up. It is well, truly and irrevocably DEAD.

OP you missed the venture capital bonanza by five years, "AI" is the current lucrative tech meme, do that.

Anonymous No. 946010

>>946009
VR will eventually be alive and very popular again, but not now

Anonymous No. 946011

>>946010
How soon is "eventually"? You've got a few decades on this Earth, don't double down on and waste your life. Actually whatever, we've got 8 billion of those and more on the way, you do you,

Anonymous No. 946013

>>946009

Zucc is a good businessman, what he made was an abortion, but he's sold off the bulk of it at a profit. Even jews have their clueless boomers.

Image not available

600x557

1662748614983636.jpg

Anonymous No. 946052

>>946010
>VR will eventually be alive and very popular again

Image not available

587x1024

1678723751947581.jpg

Anonymous No. 946056

>>946052
VR has already shown to trend cyclically. Also, it's booming in its use as industrial capital. Engineers at nvidia use it in their development of THOR. Gamer tards think it's dead just because they're not the focus market anymore and the barrier to mass adoption remain. Like a typical gamer nigger, you think it's dead because it's not part of your localized reality.

Either way gunplay and PvP are superior in VR. If you haven't into nude order 66 mode running around at lightning fast speeds while throwing Gwyn's sun spears at rabid lolis and shotas, then you wouldn't understand.

Anonymous No. 946058

>>946056
>Running around in vr
You have never used vr. This leads to nausea and vomiting every single time. Females absolutely hate the medium. Get off of this board.

Anonymous No. 946067

>>946058
>This leads to nausea and vomiting every single time.
I don't get motion sick, anon, aside from getting a based rollercoaster ride in the form of vertigo from speeding around VR. That went away after a week or so as my brain adapted to the virtual environment. I don't know why you would assume that I have to share in your sissy affliction. Kind of an odd thing to signal.
>Females absolutely hate the medium
A return to the good old days? You don't say.
>Get off of this board.
lol

Anonymous No. 946068

>>946067
>I dont get motion sick
>Describes motion sickness
>Discounts over 50% of the population
You are severely out of touch

Image not available

847x754

1683211845799047.jpg

Anonymous No. 946082

>>946068
I did no such thing. Vertigo is distinct from motion sickness. They just happpen to share a necessary condition. There was no malaise nor dizziness, just an illusion of movement causing only an acute disruption of balance and the release of adrenaline.

>This leads to nausea and vomiting every single time.
And I experienced neither, so there's no need for you to entertain wasting any time on semantics.
>Discounts over 50% of the population
Not at all. Half of men don't get any motion sickness from VR. You bugmen haven't earned the right to stand in the way of them and the tech just for getting filtered by some binoculars. Git gud troon or go get your disability parking pass.

Anonymous No. 946084

>>946082
It's dead. It'll come back in another 20 years when it'll die again. It always does.
The money you've spent on your video card, headset, subscriptions: wasted. You bought into the wrong bandwagon and it went poorly. Sorry.

Anonymous No. 946237

>>946003
>I own a pretty good computer myself, Unreal Engine and all my UE projects run on my SSD. However, it takes forever for UE5 to load projects.
That's normal, UE is pretty heavy on the hardware, you need a 3080 minimum load times are often CPU bound especially if stuff needs to recompile.

>Do you have any suggestions? Please let them know in the replies.
Learn to use the simulation mode since you don't want to put on the head set every time. I assume you're starting with the VR template, the spectator pawn is the HMD in simulation mode.
The Player start position height is wrong in unreal, most likely you will be hovering in the air so find a way to correct for that, try and error eventually you figure out the offset, restarting the app via hotkey also helps.
If you're using a quest2 don't bother with airlink that's still broken you need virtual desktop to do anything with it.
Don't expect the player to pick up stuff from the floor or do precise movement
Many blueprint techniques won't work with VR so either explore, learn unreal c++ or both

Anonymous No. 946445

>>946058
Retardation

Anonymous No. 946455

>>946445
As per usual, You are being too obvious.

Anonymous No. 946579

Is developing VR games / apps a crutch over weak pancake skills or is it based?

Anonymous No. 947907

>>946003
>Hello, /3/. I'm a newfag VR developer
Just use Composer if you're an Unrealet