Image not available

1920x1080

Autodesk.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 947216

>runs like 8 different programs in the background to license your software
>when you close maya all those programs keep running unless you manually close them
>every release gets cracked anyways
what the fuck is their problem?

Anonymous No. 947229

>thinking he can "close" miners and trojans on his "cracked" cgp software

anon, I....

Anonymous No. 947239

Sounds similar to my Razer software for the tartarus keypad. What a piece of fucking shit it is but I need it for workflow

Anonymous No. 947245

theyre trying to make a profit by selling a product which is infinitely reproducible for free by anyone.

Anonymous No. 947249

>>947245
>30 years of blender
>Only used for modelling and even then only by people who cant into MAX

Anonymous No. 947255

>>947245
do you have any free alternative that can do everything mobu and maya does? please don't mention blender because it shat itself like an hour after I started using it with my regular load of data.. anyway autodesk sw is primarily meant to run on office workstations where it doesn't matter how many background processes you are running, I pity the retards installing it on their home desktop and then complaining their pc became a prisoner of Autodesk sw

that No. 947259

>>947216
such things aren't even meant to work. they are not there for security reasons, but instead they are humiliation rituals.

>look at how impotent you are to us completely raping the performance and integrity of the workstation you struggled to afford

>>947229
literally just start services.msc and you can ban all these conveniently named programs forever. max and maya keep working without them.

yes I am based.

Anonymous No. 947287

>>947216
Adobe unapologetically ran spyware on people's computers and leaves hidden crap and folders you cannot remove without registry tinkering. You best believe being an industry cuck is about letting malware onto this PC.

Anonymous No. 948102

>>947216
>so poor, license checks brick his computer

Anonymous No. 948132

>>948102
that comment makes no sense whatsoever.

Anonymous No. 948157

>>947249

I know both Max and Blender very well and I still prefer Blender.

Anonymous No. 948161

>>948157
Are you employed?

Anonymous No. 948162

>>948161

...its not very difficult to choose betweeen ruining costs and total freedom!

Anonymous No. 948190

When you have the best software available, you can anything you want that parole will still use it.

Anonymous No. 948334

>>948162
>Not employed

Image not available

402x373

TlVzKfckaQ.png

Anonymous No. 948687

>>947216
>at some point, someone will crack your software
>ergo, you shouldn't even try to protect it or show your corpo clients who pay a subscription that you care, it's pointless
>life is a series of meaningless steps towards death, embrace nihilism

Anonymous No. 948690

>>948687
Yeah shill more with facebook boomer reaction pics. Very organic. Embrace DRM and goyware or else you're a nihilist. Draining the life from you face would be cool too.

Anonymous No. 948716

>>948690
It's not shilling. I pirate SP, Maya, zBrush. I don't have a single cent to pay for those. I don't think I'd pay even if I did have the money.
Fact of the matter is that if these big companies didn't care about protecting their IPs and didn't put on a show to clients demonstrating that they do care, then confidence in said companies would be nonexistent and instead we'd have nothing because they'd be out of business. That, or everyone would take the Blender approach of going open-source and relying on donations instead.

Anonymous No. 948732

>>948687
in highly civilized parts of the world, people blindly trust and it works. walk through a small village in the alps and people will be selling stuff by putting it out in the open and adding a box with a pricetag where you can dispose your money => no missing wares, no missing money.

the very same concept is true for software, as most people are honest by nature. companies like adobe and autodesk ignore human nature and - instead of trying to make people pay through effort, support, thankfulness - implement literal malware into their products even though they always get cracked => honest people feel alienated, niggers that wouldn't pay even if they made a huge income with it don't get stopped.

just imagine how fucking awesome the 3d community would be if these companies put all that security measure money into kindly teaching people their highly complicated software, thereby generating more modelers and making people pay because they are GENUINELY thankful.

you seem to oppose that idea or find it ridiculous - and then you call others nihilists.

Anonymous No. 948736

>>948716
>Fact of the matter is that if these big companies didn't care about protecting their IPs and didn't put on a show to clients demonstrating that they do care, then confidence in said companies would be nonexistent and instead we'd have nothing because they'd be out of business

none of that is true and ironically (you called others nihilists) that's an incredibly bleak and nihilistic worldview.

i bought several courses and plugins i didn't have to and even gifted people on patreon just because they genuinely helped me progress, and i am not the exception.
once I will have made it (i am unironically better than almost anyone here), I'm going to get valid licenses, too.
do you even realize that being there for people by putting up tons of fantastic tutorials would MASSIVELY increase the likelihood of pirates to do the same? come to think of it: how incomprehensibly autistic, coldhearted, calculated and unfriendly is it to be the one that makes the software and NOT ALSO BE THE ONE WHO EXPLAINS IT?

the existence of the entire tutorial and plugin industry simply means that these companies are doing as little as they possibly can get away with.

Anonymous No. 949095

>>947216
I live in a 3rd world country, I don't have money to buy the fucking program, so obviously I'm gonna cracked, still is fucking annoying all the shit running on the background just for "Verify" the license

Anonymous No. 949100

>invest time into learning software knowing it could go the way of softimage
>you're completely at the mercy of the company's whims but that's okay you own nothing anyway goyim
>btw we'll install what warioware we want on your computer
>why yes we our crash happy software is industry standard for the industry installing plugins that are either expensive or exclusive to the studio
3D is absolute masochism. Not even Zbrush is safe anymore (2023 not even worth pirating.) No wonder this board is dead.

Anonymous No. 949152

>>949095
>live in 3rd world country
>wants to cater outside of his means

find a hobby for Your budget rajeesh

Anonymous No. 949253

>>948102
ESL-sama...

Anonymous No. 949273

>>948716
>I pirate

Found the thieving nigger.

Anonymous No. 949275

>>948157
Employed and I prefer blender, the problem is most studios won’t tolerate it for modeling because it’s bad rep with their deals to autodesk.

Anonymous No. 949276

>>949095
>crack program
>pigeon hole yourself into only learning to use that program until you’re boomer enough to refuse anything else
>if you advance in your career too much it’s going to bite you in the ass, either keep it as hobby, don’t attract much attention, or get employed exclusively by studios that offer the program
I saw through the scheme when I brought up Krita to a friend and they mentioned they’d never be comfortable and would rather pay for the convenience of already knowing photoshop’s UI, even if you crack it you’re still using their software

Anonymous No. 949426

How is the experience with pirated maya?
Do I need a VM or can you just install it natively and it won't brick itself from updates?

Anonymous No. 949439

>>949426
You can install it just fine with the old adage of blocking outgoing access with a firewall, but if you want to update a cracked version then the updates themselves also need to be cracked beforehand. You can't just do the utterly dumb maneuver of installing a cracked version and then try to update that through the desktop app or whatever, you'll just get blocked out and thoroughly fuck up your copy.

Anonymous No. 950838

>>949426
Just install the whole cracked package when a new major release rolls out. Current cracked Maya doesn't require any user activity. It just works without patching the memory and applying the crack like it's 2015. I made a fake account and downloaded the bonus tools. Nobody at Autodesk cares.

Anonymous No. 950846

>>948716
How do I pirate Maya?

Anonymous No. 952291

>>948716
where do i get my copy?

Anonymous No. 952296

>>950838
If only cracking fucking Nuke was this easy. But I also heard that the infamous «pay us little fuck» email they send when you fuck up and accidentally connect to their servers is a complete bluff and they won’t do anything if you ignore it. Apparently replying is admission of guilt and valid in court, I’m still really sketched out on the whole idea but fuck Nuke is too good bros

Anonymous No. 952374

>>952296

I got one of those emails from them a few years back. it freaked me the fuck out so I (stupidly) contacted them back basically saying "look i dont make any profit, i was just using it for personal work" etc etc

they basically strong-armed me into talking to them via Skype (text, not voice) but after I basically ghosted them after a bit of back and forth they didnt really bother anymore. So yeah just keep your head down and they wont do shit really (that said, you shouldnt risk pirating Foundry products. just learn Fusion or something if you really want nodal compositing, or stick to nuke NC)