479x300

1676568527080327.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 947348

>be me
>create complicated node setup in Maya's Hypershade
>save the scene
>change the shader tab, exit the program or have it crash on me
>when I come back, my hypershade network is completely rearranged and / or not all together on one page.

Houdini can save the position of material nodes, yes, and yet, prman support in Houdini is far below maya's, making it less than ideal for this wanderer to render in.

What do I do?

Anonymous No. 947355

No one tell him that a button called "rearrange graph exist".

Anonymous No. 947358

>>947355
I dont want it to be re arranged.

For example i have nodes from multiple material x lama shaders wired together. When you close the program or the hypershade you cannot get the nodes you wired together to look the same again

Try that on for size

Anonymous No. 947363

>>947348
I haven't used Renderman a whole lot, in what ways is the Houdini implementation worse? I thought they had feature parity.

Anonymous No. 947383

>>947363
Look, in 24 it was definetely worse. Im not sure about 25.1. Point is, i want to wire up at least 10 lama shaders together into one shading tab in the hypershade and this wiring gets destroyed on hypershade close. Capeche?

Anonymous No. 947407

>>947383
I don't know what to tell you. Maya users have been bitching about Hypershade for years and years, Autodesk is never ever going to fix it. You could try the Node Editor where you can at least pin nodes. It's still shit though. Or you could just try 25 in Houdini.