Image not available

498x441

tired.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 947364

I tired of using desktops, are laptops that bad for 3D work?

Anonymous No. 947396

I run a 5 year old Dell 7530 with a Quadro P2000 in it (i9-8950 + 32GB) Perfectly fine for Solidworks (modelling and sim), Rhino, Modo, Octane and various Creative Cloud apps. Blender seems OK but don't do much in that other than use it to play with files that trip Modo up.

I'm generally modelling consumer products, tech products and the
occasional organic form (sculptural furniture). Rendering can vary from hand sized items up to knuckle cranes lifting loads in scenes with props. Your applications may be completely different.

Desktops are quicker but I only feel short changed when fiddling with large step files (typically PCB /PCA from EDA tools). Also Nvidia card doesn't have enough grunt to persuade Twin motion to raytrace.

It also toasts my legs when used on my lap, so...

Anonymous No. 947397

>>947396
Should add that I haven't animated anything recently - that might expose the machine's shortcomings.

Image not available

500x374

1648050074102.png

Anonymous No. 947475

>>947364
>tired of using desktops
if you think some consoomer laptop is more comfortable to use than completely customizable workplace then its already over for you

Anonymous No. 947496

Laptops just suck overall.

Anonymous No. 947506

I freelance and often have to work on site with my own kit. Shitty licensing (looking at you Dassault / Solidworks) means I can't easily swap from desktop to laptop and back. Hence ridiculously heavy Dell "laptop"