Image not available

1280x720

1665742502941693.jpg

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 947693

Should I use trim sheets if I want to get hired? Or is everyone just using "something else"

Anonymous No. 947701

>>947693
The more things you know the more hireable you are.

Anonymous No. 947782

Trim sheets are still pretty essential I think. Even if they aren't used in a final product, they can still be important in prototyping or pitching a project.

Anonymous No. 947996

If I wanted an edge damage on architecture, would it be better to use a trimsheet with baked-in 45 degree angle and damage on each each trim strip or to use a floating edge damage mesh decal? Is there a reason to use that Spiderman ultimate trimsheet workflow today? The issue I have with that technique is that the base geometry needs to have sharp 90 degree angles for the 45 degree bevels on a trimsheet to work, but I still want to apply a bevel + FWN on the actual geo as well to get good silhouettes.

Anonymous No. 947997

I don't even know what a trim sheet is and yet I'm employed. Not in 3CDG mind you but it's a job nonetheless.

Anonymous No. 948535

>>947701
This. Like any other technique, the more you know the faster you can adapt/create workflows. The method itself is good for prototyping and faster iterations but the final texture needs another pass for details if used independently or as a layer in UE smart material.