Image not available

1280x720

file.png

๐Ÿงต Anyone here familiar with this?

Anonymous No. 948354

https://blendermarket.com/products/how-to-sculpt-a-stylized-head-in-blender
$80 with free updates as they happen. I don't mind spending the money/putting in the work, I just want to know if it's a good course or not. Also, is there anything in the workflow that will have to be unlearned if I want to do more realistic, less stylized sculpts?

Anonymous No. 948356

>>948354
>Paid course
Sneed oil. Never worth it.

Anonymous No. 948357

>>948356
Recommend a full course then

Anonymous No. 948369

>>948354
all the resource you ever need is online for free but none of you faggots have the discipline to follow through any course you hoard. the course itself is ngmi bait like most of its kind that attract tweens. it shows you how the owl was drawn, but now why

Anonymous No. 948370

>>948369
PROVIDE ME A LINK FUCKHEAD, DON'T LECTURE ME

Anonymous No. 948374

>>948354
>>948370
I like Shane Olson, he does that kind of crap and you can port his workflow to blender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJbc1jyXaE

Anonymous No. 948378

>>948370
Stop using blender, you cant sculpt in blender. Everytime someone tries blender will refuse to count the polygons and crash. You don't have enough polygones to sculpt.

Anonymous No. 948477

>>948378
for basic shapes like those? are you mental?
and on top of that you failed to answer him, what an ass
also pyw

Anonymous No. 948479

>>948369
>all the resource you ever need is online for free
almost all the good rebelway tuts are incomplete

Anonymous No. 948481

>>948354
Isn't that the guy who also did 60 second tutorials? Those were nice. Saved me the Trouble of some Algo Raj not letting me double his speed without him speaking in Hindi just to get to wherever at the second half to hear his terse point about the exciting topic of color ID maps.

Still.. Nikolay the Bulgarian tranny destroyer and nemesis of Maxon charges only 10 dollar for his anatomy mastery, which he actually deserves.

Blender market prices are just all over the place for too many potentially useful plugins. Could just get Maya indie after really getting its shit together with 2024

Anonymous No. 948483

>>948354
Seems like the only thing that made a real difference is the UVing and texturing phase. Hmmm

Anonymous No. 948637

>>948369
This. I have hundreds and haven't completed any

Anonymous No. 948653

>>948370
Worthless idiot.

Anonymous No. 949209

>>948378
blender with with relative ease handle around 30 million polies, as smooth as z brush, no, but with the benefit of not using that fucking god awful program.

that is more than enough pollies for anyone on this board to do what they want, but if you get to the point where you have to actually sculpt pores and don't want to just make a texture, yea, there's the limit of every sculpting software besides zbrush.

Anonymous No. 949210

>>948354
i'm going to be real, just look at this image, this is all you realistically need, the problem is if you cant go from the 4th dummy head to the final product, no tutorial is going to help you.

you are honestly better off learning 2d and how to come up with a style there than grinding your face on 3d,

learning how to draw hair is easier in 3d than it is from 2d sources
learning anatomy is easier in 3d than 2d,
learning a style is easier in 2d than 3d

basics of composition are easier with 2d methods than 3d (thumbnails blocking in color)

unless you are using this tutorial as a way to learn the program, not learn this method, its going to be a waste. I don't know any current blender sculpting tutorials/reference projects to suggest as a replacement, I always say go for someone who is engaging/entertaining, unless you are doing this for a job/cant imagine yourself not doing this, someone who is entertaining/engaging will keep your attention better than anything else.

Anonymous No. 949212

>>948354
seconding >>948481

go with nikolay. no nonsense, incredibly affordably priced, and you get a really fleshed out course. i bought a couple of his zbrush courses a few years ago, like 40 hours of video each, really thorough, explains both technique and software function

dudes a pro, and a great teacher too, and if you want a sample he has quite a few tutorials on his youtube account too including a free 38 episode start to finish game character tutorial. dude must not be hurting for money cause he gives plenty away for free

https://www.youtube.com/@SpeedChar/videos

Anonymous No. 949215

>>948481
>Nikolay the Bulgarian tranny destroyer
He also recently, and I swear I'm not making this up, spent several minutes defending his right to use the N-word.
The guy is simply based, no getting around it

Image not available

386x293

when see bulge on....png

Anonymous No. 949220

>>949215
I really need the ever elusive Nikolay lore. I only hear it in whispers here and there but it's so easy to get memory-holed. Only courses I'll really buy because of him being honest to a fault based bald Bulgarian who beats himself up like a classic artist. By honest to a fault I mean out of context it'll sound like he says he doesn't know anatomy and forgets or mixes up the English terms but he clearly demonstrates he knows his stuff and what to look for spatially.

Anonymous No. 949255

>>949210
>if you cant go from the 4th dummy head to the final product, no tutorial is going to help you.
A tutorial on making skin materials and painting tint colors at correct locations would help.
A tutorial on making simple clothing with repeating cloth patterns would help.
A tutorial on making stylized eyeballs would help.
A tutorial on creating hair would help

Image not available

680x499

1685378527452498.png

Anonymous No. 949257

>>949210
>i'm going to be real, just look at this image, this is all you realistically need, the problem is if you cant go from the 4th dummy head to the final product, no tutorial is going to help you.

Anonymous No. 949279

>>949255
>A tutorial on making skin materials and painting tint colors at correct locations would help.
you would be making the exact same thing over and over again without knowing why things are that way, you would get the same value from just copying a setting, and given this end result... legitimately, look up irl makeup tutorials.
>A tutorial on making simple clothing with repeating cloth patterns would help.
this is at best a simple cloth sim in blender, most likely sculpted clothing for the one off as it could probably be done faster that way
>A tutorial on making stylized eyeballs would help.
stylized how, bit eyes or how to make the iris/pupil? either way its likely something you can iterate on in 2d faster than 3d
>A tutorial on creating hair would help
look up a specific hair tutorial that is not fibermesh or anything that looks realistic, there use to be a few good one son youtube but as the tools got better for individual strands, they all tend to just have those ones show up.

>>949257
im just being real, unless you are learning the program, that image more or less shows you the steps to make it.

Anonymous No. 949281

>>949279
You're insane

Anonymous No. 949283

>>949281
well lets see here

the image shows you where you should start, it shows you that the next place to iterate is facial features, then it shows you are defining facial features more, then it shows you are blending in the seams so while you still have things like the ocular cavity or brow its more subtle, with this being a good enough base you move onto the rest, which is largely a color job, the eyebrows are just a selection and extrusion, you are going to apply a base skin tone then hit it with with makeup/highlights along with a subsurface scattering layer, now you are either going to make a cloth sim an drape a plane over the body then sculpt finer detail or you are going to extrude, for hair you are going to add in clumps of hair and you are going to sculpt some hard edges on these, either after you place them or before you place them, this tutorial seems like they don't reuse the same clump much so likely all sculpted after the fact.

this is a tutorial that is 'how to sculpt a stylized bust'
i'm going to assume nothing in this tutorial is about how to come up with the style... ok I looked up the tutorial... like holy shit is it the most basic of basic talked in the most dry way possible.

i'm going to make a recommendation, get a 5lb tub of monsters clay medium or hard irl and some aluminum foil and make some busts that are around soda can large it seems the majority of his tutorial is about not fucking up translating a 2d image to a 3d sculpt, it would be easier to do this with irl materials and then translate to digital if you are willing to spend money.

Anonymous No. 949286

>>949283
>this is a tutorial that is 'how to sculpt a stylized bust'
Eh doesn't give any details on how to achieve 4th head, the only one with visible stylization. Nys

Anonymous No. 949290

>>948354
Just steal it from cgpersia or billibibi

Anonymous No. 949291

>>949279
Tutorials usually do contain a "We set the IOR for the eyeball to 1.376 to simulate well lubricated eyeballs. If the character has bloodshot dry eyes in the scene, we might adjust this to [whatever] or use [technique to dynamically change this]."

If the one tutorial you're watching doesn't have that, some other tutorial will. The real key is to watch a lot of tutorials and accumulate knowledge; each one will have more and more information you already know but that will make what you didn't know that much more valuable.

Anonymous No. 949294

>>949291
nah, its not to watch a lot of tutorials, its about finding tutorials that solve a problem or need a real problem solving skill to them, this tutorial seems to primarily be about not fucking up transitioning a 2d image to 3d, which I think if you are willing to pay 80$ would be better don by buying 30$ of monster clay and doing it irl.

Anonymous No. 949296

>>949294
nope, horrific advice, no tutorial covers everything, literal no3ds spend their days hunting for that "perfect tutorial" instead of spending their time watching tutorials

Anonymous No. 949298

>>949294
If you want to do 2d to 3d you should get a vr headset and adobe substance modeler

Anonymous No. 949306

>>949296
I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not, I said that you aren't looking for a lot of tutorials, you are looking for the tutorials that solve a problem, you don't need 50 tutorials that all retred the same shit, you need one tutorial that takes the tool you are using and shows you exactly what problems are solved by using it correctly, and find the next one the nerxt time you hit a roadblock or think 'there has to be a better way to do this' because odds are yes, there is a better way, but because of the nature of these programs, its a you need to know it exists to know you need it function.

>>949298
that will probably help a lot more in the early stages because its trivial to turn your head a bit while you may hyperfocus on one prospective only to find out a 10 degree difference fucks everything up, but a 30$ bucket of clay is a lot more accessible than a 300+$ headset and then needing to either pay for adobe or pirate it.

Anonymous No. 949312

>>948481
>>949212
>>949220
I love his tuts too but why do you call him tranny destroyer? what's the lore on this guy and n word.

Anonymous No. 951257

>>948354
I've seen his tutorials, and they are way too dull, he just wants you to repeat exactly what he does.
This guy's stuff >>949220 is much more artistic, he shows you how he does something, and then you try to do the same.