Image not available

1907x1160

image_2023-06-16_....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 948573

How do you decide to split up your model? Is there a general guideline? I'm trying to make a gator-man but I'm having some issues doing his back and tail. I'm not sure it's because I should be splitting the scales on his back on a separate subtool or if I should just get good and deal with it.

I'm asking cause I saw some artists split up some detail on separate subtools. Would've posted in the sculpting general but it seems dead. Anyway what do you guys do? What should I do?

Anonymous No. 948598

Theres no right answer. Whatever gets you to the best results. Try splitting the model different ways and see how it feels. In the end you can always recombine if you have a special reason.

Anonymous No. 948628

>>948573
Adding details like repeating textures where the body meets the tail later on may cause seams if it's not one continuous model. So I would not split. Just use polygroups if you really need to differentiate the body parts.
Usually what I would consider splitting are smaller things like eyeballs, toe/fingernails, teeth, or really prominent scales.

Anonymous No. 948862

>>948598
>>948628
Thank you fellas. Really appreciate it.