Image not available

1432x880

654685.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 948640

>we clearly want discourage and phase out perpetual licenses for Zbrush, as we did for Redshift, so we'll charge you the discounted upgrade price that's double the regular sub price for the 2023 nothing burger
>we have a special surprise for you come end of March as a reward for getting baited into proving to kids on /3/ that you're not poor
>ONLY SUBSCRIBERS GET NEW FEATURES NOW AND GOING FORWARD THUS MARKING A HISTORIC DAY FOR GERMANS OUTGASSING THE CHOSEN PEOPLE IN MERCHANT INNOVATION
>perps only get bug fixes... for now
>*shnozz flaring intensifies* it just so happens we're experiencing an unforseen issue.... yes we'll go with that... that prevents recently activated perp licenses from using the new update, so roll the fuck back
>there is virtually nothing new nor useful in what is another frustratingly buggy Maxon update
>Paul Gaboury 's excitement and past smile is gone and he looks like he wants to kill himself during the presentation
>Joseph Drust is missing and presumed dead
>email boxes blowing up with Maxon's altruistic tendencies
>SUB WITHIN THIS 3 WINDOW TIME FRAME AND GET HALF OFF
>DID YOU SUB YET THE DEAL IS ON NOW DON'T WORRY YOU CAN STILL TRUST US
>LAST CHANCE GOYIM DON'T MAKE US COME BACK WITH MORE DISCOUNTS FOR OUR MAXON SOFTWARE
>PUT OUR APP ON YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER OR ELSE... you'll miss these fine summer deals!
Who could have seen that coming? Paying top dollar to get royally cucked by industry-standard fraud is truly status that only money can buy. The Blender bros... our power of community can't compete with Maxon when it comes to pissing people off. They're pestilence incarnate. Zbrush is going to become the king of pirated 3D software.

Anonymous No. 948642

Totally a normal thread for a CSM to make for Maxon's debut

https://www.zbrushcentral.com/t/zbrush-2023-complaints-to-maxon/440785

Image not available

790x1024

1686599309568564m.jpg

Anonymous No. 948648

>>948642
>"from what the Maxon CEO has been saying on the discord, he sees the perpetual as ‘buying the software’ as a finished product every single year, rather than the usual upgrade system that we a re all used to from 3D programs."
>yetter argues initially in that thread what the upgrade policy is, but can just backpedal and say "acshually it clearly says Pixologic not Maxon"
>the fucker posts one of those tucked away non-promoted articles updated a year ago to argue how "clearly" it was communicated that you're paying the max price for the free trial version where you get.... fixes to bugs caused by previous updates that are just literal cuckold humiliation rituals.
>you just know they're planning to memoryhole this and say a "full product" always meant first upgrade of the new year
>you will own nothing but you won't be happy
Fucking hell. Yetter even snuck in this under Zbrush 3 months ago, as if it's supposed to cover their asses. What in the fuck is this business model? No wonder Follygon also fellated Maxon taking over with them making the little goblin's wet dream come true. Guaranteed incoming deactivation all perpetual licenses.

Anonymous No. 948685

>>948640
What do you even get on these newer updates that warrants paying again? I remember using zBrush r45something, 2018, 2019, now 2022 and I cannot even tell what new things they added. If you have basic brushes like clay buildup, dam.standard, zModeler, etc., access to polygroups, dynamesh and zRemesher, and sometimes live boolean, it already feels like you can do anything you want.

Anonymous No. 948689

>>948685
The only useful thing I can think of that were requested for a long while was dynamic symmetry but last I remember there were alot of complaints as to how broken it and people regretting beta testing an update. The other was simply a a mask fill/automask. Useful and long overdue for a simple standard masking capability of filling up the inside of your outline, but that simply isn't worth dancing with the devil. Saw a review and testing of Zremesh 4.0. The guy wasn't impressed because the processing time difference was negligible. All it did was use a cache. That's not deserving of the 4.0.

>They've repackaged projection master into a drop button which simply enables sculptris pro, and added a lazy low poly decimated proxy for people who don't know how to use subdivisions and pose/move with lower subdivs? the stencils didn't even work at least on 3 occasions in this video (Ian's face when the painting wasn't matching the stencils scale (insert this is fine meme here), and the clone tool not working properly) LOL, and why would anyone use that over brush alpha's or spotlight?
>These are the most useless features I have ever seen in a presentation. Why would you want another tool to pose or decimate your mesh that already has subdivisions with several extra steps? Why would you want to add detail and f up your topology, when you will need to reproject that detail anyway down the line to a mesh with good topology? Why would you use stencils, if you could add alphas to brushes or use spotlight?
The last update in a nutshell. Maxon can't even pretend to care temporarily from start. It's not going to age well either with from better hardware its absence of 3d scene data precluding multiple view port windows for different camera perspective precise quadrant control when world with zmodeler, and its pseudo-lighting.

Zbrush is dying in the Maxon graveyard, so it may not be awhile until it's worth a pirate.

Anonymous No. 948774

>>948648
>t, retard who doesnt know anything about law

Anonymous No. 948825

>>948685
this

🗑️ Anonymous No. 948836

you know you can still buy perpetual license if you want you just don't get updates anymore. it's like $900. so if you use it for more than three years, you saved money over subscription i guess. i think fl studio is the last software that offers "free updates for life", i wonder how long that will last.

🗑️ Anonymous No. 948839

>>948689
>Zbrush is dying in the Maxon graveyard
now is the time for autodesk to bring mudbox back. mudbox is so fucking easy to use, my god, you watch a 15 minute tutorial and you've seen it all. meanwhile zbrush is just a tangled web of obscure menus, half of which are deprecated or barely used.

Anonymous No. 948850

>consider 3dcoat
>7.3. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review User Content. We reserve the right to remove or disable access to any User Content for any or no reason, including User Content that, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms of Use. We may take such action without prior notification to you or any third party.
>12.1. Ukrainian law applies to this agreement.
>memories return of their Cristfag crusade against user content
>bans Russians now
>Hungarian monuments getting taken down so probably ban them too eventually
>blames slow development and that recent reverted price increase on the War with the development studio being in Kyiv
>could get fucked a number of different ways from the war
>army is mostly grinder meat and gypsies with hyped up counter-offensive getting cancelled
>Russia and Poland saber rattling with the latter being seen now as having a hand blowing in their pipeline
>America seen as cucks now saying they do not super Taiwan's independence anymore
>best case scenario pigway relocates to UK where their LLC is and gets bought out by another software hoarding company
>Autodesk is Autodesk and doesn't do anything with Mudbox despite the subcrption shit model.
>Blender starved for sculpt devs with the only hope that they get more with Maxon even having chased pros away to greener pastures or teaching to Blender.
Shitty time to be a sculpting chad

Anonymous No. 948858

if they really plan on phasing them out I'm getting one in the next few months. I honestly don't expect much to change anyway and subscriptions are a scam.