Image not available

1280x720

download (3).png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 950354

I got the Box Cutter addon for Blender because everyone is shilling it and it's the most frustrating and wonky piece of shit I've ever experienced, never going to fall for paid addon memes again

Anonymous No. 950356

boxcutter / hard ops are fucking horrible, everybody knows that

Anonymous No. 950357

I had a good experience with it and it's simple as fuck, you're just being lazy or retarded on purpose. I don't even like Blender but you're exagerating.

Anonymous No. 950358

>>950357
its fake modular, and its bevel workflow is atrocious. Learn to model properly. You are shilling, sir

Anonymous No. 950359

>>950357
Always blame the user for a product's failure. Right?

Anonymous No. 950361

>>950354
>>950356
i am the anon that shits on blender users in every single goddamn thread and even i value boxcutter. 3ds max originally invented it (it's part of keyhydra), but its version is even slightly wonkier and slower.

>please note how ironically, the paid-for 3ds max has a free version of boxcutter, which then got stolen/copied by someone and sold to freeware users

i downloaded blender again after several years of having transit... I mean ascended to max/zbrush and will use boxcutter for the sole purpose of extremely quickly blocking out the size of level elements (buildings, corridors, jump distances etc).

modeling itself (more than 100 polygon garbage) will of course be done in an actual modeling software.

Anonymous No. 950365

>>950361
subdivision modelling always and bake down. Don't be useless.

Anonymous No. 950374

>>950365
i am vastly superior to you in every aspect of 3d modeling and I have no fucking clue what you are trying to say. maybe actually read the posts you reply to?

Anonymous No. 950375

>>950374
you have no idea what subd model is and yet you claim to be vastly superior to anyone? You are LARPing

Anonymous No. 950376

>>950375
i know exactly what it is, but it isn't relevant at all to my post, you utter retard.

Anonymous No. 950377

>>950376
what is wrong with you. You have your head so far up boxcutter / hops ass you can see out the other side

Anonymous No. 950379

>>950377
0/10

Anonymous No. 950380

>>950379
Go away kid

Anonymous No. 950381

Blender is fine.
BoxCutter and HardOps is good.
If you can't switch between any of the major modeling softwares in a matter of minutes you're just beginner-tier.
If you're tying to get subd level of detailwith these, you're just retarded.

Anonymous No. 950382

>>950381
you're so predicatable.

The bevel workflow is fucking atrocious. IF you're doing that workflow you are deeply confused about 3d

Anonymous No. 950392

https://www.blender.org/about/license/
From the section:
Sharing or selling Blender add-ons (Python scripts)
I quote:
The GNU GPL license therefore requires that such scripts (if published) are being shared under a GPL compatible license. You are free to sell such scripts, but the sales then is restricted to the download service itself.

Anonymous No. 950393

>>950382
> you're so predicatable.
Kek I’m not the guy you were talking to, moron.
> bevel workflow
Wtf are you even talking about…

Anonymous No. 950394

>>950393
Don't you know? The bevel workflow is the basis of the CHEAP AS FUCK pipeline.

Anonymous No. 950395

>>950393
I'm talking about hopscutter, dum dum MasterXeon001

Anonymous No. 950405

I've always been confused about addons like these.
I thought boolean workflows just fuck up geometry, making bevels inconsistient and wonky. I mean for fuck's sake even when I model by hand I can never get bevels to work perfectly on all edges, and I have to make concessions with my bevel size because the smaller ones clamp the bigger ones.
How does an addon like this make geo that plays nice with bevels and is just "throw as much booleans and shit at a model till it looks good"?

Anonymous No. 950409

>>950405
To have booleans and bevel work correctly together on a mesh is an hard problem in general. Obviously real 3D sotfware such as 3DS works better than Blender.

On the other hand, that's what CAD software specializes in, so if you need booleans and bevel, which is mandatory for any kind of mechanical design, then choose your CAD software.

Personally I like https://www.freecad.org/
but there are many others ranging from free to very expensive. Just don't waste your time trying to do "hard surface" in Blender because it's going to lead you down Arrimus path.

Doing "hard surface" in Blender subjects you to so much pain and suffering that one day jesus comes to you and personally tells you: "please stop doing Blender".

It's true.

Anonymous No. 950412

>>950409
based if true but blender users would rather do anything than spend a single dime on any paid software. They are in a cult

Anonymous No. 950413

>>950354
Elaborate faggot. "Its bad cause I'm gay" not a valid reason to Golem shill for Daddydesk. Since I'm in a good mood you should try boxcutter+quad remesher+optiloops.

Anonymous No. 950414

>>950412
Apparently they do, but they spend their money on paid Blender add-ons that even the Blender Foundation say are not legal >>950392

But you know... The theory of evolution demands that some individuals get caught in Blender and lose their will to reproduce. It's necessary for the survival of the human specie as a whole.

Anonymous No. 950415

>>950409
>Obviously real 3D sotfware such as 3DS works better than Blender.

Obviously you are a gay Golem, elaborate in which ways 3ds is better than blender or you like to gargle in semen

Anonymous No. 950416

>>950412
Have you noticed that Autodesk building is literally in front of the Masonic cult building in Toronto, what a weird coincidence for the true cultist to try and shift the blame to blender.

Anonymous No. 950418

>>950415
>boxcutter+quad remesher+optiloops
You RETOPO your hard surface models.
>elaborate in which ways 3ds is better
In every possible way. But I don't use it.

I've discovered this recently: https://solvespace.com/index.pl and I think it's a really good alternative to Freecad.

But then again, there are many CAD programs around and not all of them are made by Autodesk.

Anonymous No. 950422

>>950416
They are Freemasons, like the rest of the politicians, the tech industry and entertainment. The letter "A" in company logos often represents a pyramid.

But then again the Blender logo is very clearly a 666, so pick your poison.

Anonymous No. 950423

>>950418
Give it a try fag, you could have shitty ngoned Booleans cleaned up in less than a minute.

Anonymous No. 950424

>>950423
I like n-gons. Why would I want to get rid of them?

Image not available

1529x1020

WillemDaJew.png

Anonymous No. 950425

>>950422
The cheapest one that has the best results, so blender it is. The main problem with the software currently is not its capacities but rather the willingness for employees to learn a new program. As most goyims love Autodesk education. But let's be honest Autodesk has hindered cgi development since it bought and buried six feet under Softimage and the closest thing to it it's the freebie you so thoroughly despise. Why is it goyim? Are you to lazy to learn a new program that took you years to learn?

Anonymous No. 950426

>>950425
You ever worked with computers (and you haven't) you would know that as an employee you have no choice.
Whatever the company uses, you use. It's that simple.

As a hobby I use Blender too because it's free and runs on linux.

Anonymous No. 950428

You don't know this but most companies (the ones who want to stay afloat at least) entirely ban the use of Blender on their premises because that way they don't have to deal with the "Blender people".
That is such a huge plus in itself that it easily outweight any (if any) usefulness the software may have.

The Blender community has decayed so much and has become so bad over the years, it used to be a resource, but now it has become a massive liability for the Blender project itself, to the point that it may not survive much longer.

Anonymous No. 950429

>>950426
True, being employed sucks. Have you tried breaking free of AAA shackles and do your own gig. I know that what I'm asking could be hard as working for an employer sucks in regards of free time.

Anonymous No. 950430

What I'm trying to tell you is that you may bad mouth Autodesk cultisis all you want. Yes, it's a cult. But... they know how to look good in business.

You "Blender people" on the other hand, with all your gender insecurities, look mentally unstable, wretched and desperate. You carry every single read flag an employer would look for and for good reason and you often blame that on le ebil capitalism.

>>950429
No. I'm a retired programmer. I'm never ever going back in there. I would go sweep the streets if I can find a job doing that, which isn't easy these days.

Anonymous No. 950431

>>950428
>deal with the "Blender people".
This is partially true, but abc's, vdb's polygons are universal, it will only suck for you if the company you work for, has subsidies with Autodesk. And Autodicks they will be assholes to the company if they know they have hired blendlet. Trust me, If the company is not being directly benefited from Autodesk I doubt they will give a shit about the software an employee uses, I've been there on both scenarios.
By principle I dislike Autodesk by these kind of practices as if you get some subsidies you are literally their bitch. Which is a shame as I can say certainly that blender is a very productive software that surpasses Autodesk in certain areas of pipeline, worst of all I know for sure that if an employee learns at least modelling they can jump to other areas more comfortably and faster as shortcuts remain contextual.

Anonymous No. 950432

>>950431
>subsidies with Autodesk
That's true. That's a big factor as well.

Anonymous No. 950433

>>950430
>with all your gender insecurities
you clearly haven't worked in the industry lately kek. Studios are filled with faggots. It is Autodesk studios the one closer the the heat of the kitchen, being the closest to the crown, soft power and a literal propaganda machine. The mass production industry of wokeism. You only need a couple of neurons to see how this influence governs over all of the normies.
>ebil capitalism
Don't blame capitalism, that is the main reason why blender came to exist, twitching the nipples of the industry trough every legal loophole it can exploit, so it is able to compete to the Canadian/Commonwealth CGI oligopoly, blender is the counter reaction to the current market, as it will find ways to compete. It is a shame there are still Golems that will defend this practices like you muh retired programmer golem fren.

Anonymous No. 950434

>>950433
>you clearly haven't worked in the industry lately
I quit almost 10 years ago.
>studios are filled with faggots
That's why I'm not going back in there. I told this story already. I was fired once because I alleged in confidence that another male employee may have been wearing mascara.

But the faggots, they're there but they're not productive. They're not expected to be productive. You have to solve the problems and then give the merit to them.

As I said, at home by my choice I use Blender and Linux. I was just trying to tell people that the workplace is a very different environment than your bedroom.

>that will defend this practices
I don't defend or condone any of their practices. I'm just telling you how it is. It's really bad and the zombie apocalypse couldn't come fast enough.

Anonymous No. 950435

>>950434
>It's really bad and the zombie apocalypse couldn't come fast enough.
I wanted it for it to be zombies too but it looks that is going to be Skynet, maybe robozombies

Anonymous No. 950441

>>950409
I'm familiar with CAD stuff, and I've used it before in the past.
I'm more specifically asking about the workflow using hardops/boxcutter, and how they manage a boolean workflow that keeps bevels intact.
Like in normal use, you'd isolate the areas you're going to bool so things play nice, but those addons you just go for it without any of that stuff, I think.

Anonymous No. 950452

>>950441
>a boolean workflow that keeps bevels intact
The major difference between CAD software and Blender is that CAD NURBS have support for n-gons with holes. Blender only supports n-gons without holes.
As a consequence, there's only so much you can do with boolean/bevel combinations before problems arise.

On the Blender Youtube channel I saw that they're re-writing the Bevel modifier and the new version looks good but I don't know what state it's in at the moment.

There is no simple answer to your question. Boolean/bevel may be the hardest problem in 3D and expensive CAD software is expensive for a reason.

Anonymous No. 950453

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16dpUQ57Xv8
It's hard to find because the search result are swamped by a thousand worthless tutorials.

Anonymous No. 950455

>those addons you just go for it
It depends on the amount of heuristics that's included in the algorithm.
All boolean/bevel algorithms fail in some situations. The more expensive the algorithm, the harder you have to try to make it fail.

Anonymous No. 950536

>>950392
>>950414
You're retarded. You can't even read.
Retards.

Anonymous No. 950539

>>950536
>the sales then is restricted to the download service itself
Which means if you paid more than 3 fiddy for a Blender add.on, you shouldn't have.

Anonymous No. 950542

>>950539
You fucking retard. Holy shit. So dumb.

Anonymous No. 950543

>>950542
I don't agree with that legal interpretation but that's how the Blender Foundation would like it to be, so if you have any complaints, please forward those to them.

Anonymous No. 950550

>>950543
You're an idiot holy fuck. Quit the computer.

Anonymous No. 951075

>>950550
You should quit life