Image not available

323x250

I am metalic and ....png

🧵 How do I have a character spin on their foot?

Anonymous No. 953285

Blender please because I'm broke but if you got exp with maya that could apply please let me know

Anonymous No. 953286

Move your 3d cursor to the foot, select the character, and rotate?

Anonymous No. 953287

>>953286
Ive tried it just for whatever reason the character spins while slowly moving towards where the 3d cursor is. Its very wonky i can render an animation to display the problem in a sec

Image not available

1920x1080

0001-0040_1_.webm

Anonymous No. 953288

>>953287

Image not available

1295x2040

banana_ro_ta_te.png

Anonymous No. 953289

>>953287
Have you changed the pivot mode to cursor? It looks like you're just rotating on the origin.

Image not available

1920x1080

0001-0041.webm

Anonymous No. 953290

>>953289
Yeah it looks really really werid though

Anonymous No. 953291

>>953290
Screenshot of cursor in blender?

Image not available

1138x580

wrong..png

Anonymous No. 953293

>>953291
Is this not how it works?

Anonymous No. 953295

>>953293
The cursor is correct. Did you only record two frames for the animation? It might just be interpolating between those.

Image not available

1031x594

bones..png

Anonymous No. 953296

>>953291
Could the bones be the issue?

Anonymous No. 953297

>>953295
yes? is that wrong?

Anonymous No. 953298

>>953297
Try adding more frames

Image not available

1920x1080

0001-0041_1_.webm

Anonymous No. 953299

>>953298
thank you so much

Anonymous No. 953301

Unrelated but I wish there was an animation general on this board

Anonymous No. 953303

>>953301
Make one?

Anonymous No. 953311

>>953299
Anon, while you did get Charizard to spin in one foot, you now have a problem like all noob animators, routing back to normal stance.

What the other anon said was unwise, return the pivot back into how it was made before any changes to spinning and learn how you want Charizard to move it's entire body.

Here is a video showing what i mean: https://youtu.be/XEqAwKUGwhM?t=20

Image not available

816x809

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 953312

>>953296
You put a pivot bone where you want to maintain contact with things and then parent the FK control bone to it. Chain a bunch of them to gain the ability to rotate at multiple points and at the end parent them all to a bone with the same head rest position as the IK bone.

Anonymous No. 953328

>>953312
I only told them about manual rotation since that anon seemed new to 3d animation and kinematics might be overkill for the type of stuff they were trying to do.

But I would be interested in seeing a pic or vid of the type of rig you described. The other anon might also be interested.

Anonymous No. 953331

I think you need to use an empty and the child of constraint. Blender doesn't animate cursor rotation or local rotation.

Image not available

1217x951

Screencast from 2....webm

Anonymous No. 953333

>>953328
Excuse everything being a mess because this is my second anime girl, but here are the foot control bones in action. They're parented in the order presented, and the green bones have copy rotation constraints on them only. The inner green bone is the IK target.
Though on second thought I don't know how useful it is for OP.

Anonymous No. 953340

>>953333
Nice quads
I think it's similar to the rig in this video: https://youtu.be/voYM3yyeZP4

It might be useful if OP wanted to also pose the character during the turn. I'm not sure if there's an IK solution to the actual turning tho.

Anonymous No. 953359

>>953333
>>953312
Those are human bones, we are talking about dragon legs and tail. This can not help OP. Also, I never heard or saw such nonsense of building something in a rig, just to make things spin. This goes against normal human behavior of spinning, your center gravity will look weird.

OP stop listening to these idiots and watch how Charazard animates in the anime tv shows. There is a lot of references that show him spinning, the new Pokémon anime as a charazard doing many animations.

Anonymous No. 953859

Op here on phone dear lord blender truly does not make it easy to spin to win. I want to make shit like this dickhead

https://youtube.com/shorts/U3C-5btKO1o?feature=share

Anonymous No. 953863

I feel like everyone is going about this wrong.
You don't spin from the bottom of your foot, you use your center of mass and your extremities to impart spin and inertia and the foot follows. The foot is nearly the last thing to rotate.
It'd start at the upper torso and arms, move down the torso to the hips, twist the leg, and THEN the foot would start to rotate, lagging behind due to friction with the ground.
It doesn't matter if it's a human, or a pokemon, this is how physics work.
That being said, I don't really know if OP is going for an actual animation of the pokeyman moving its body to spin, or just wants to visually rotate the character.

>>953359
Dragon legs and a tail don't matter, it's got arms and legs similar enough to a person that the same principles apply.

Anonymous No. 953877

>>953863
>It DOsnT MaTTeR
it doesn't matter until the tail hits items or phase through the world. Also, again we talking about t-rex with wings like creature. Your "iTs HuMAn" does not apply to this creature.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:0006Charizard-Mega_X.png

Look at it, the tail is bigger, the wings are half the size of it' body and if we see it on the anime, it's bigger than a normal human.

>>953859
Just look up on Charizard anime, that's the main source of how this pokemon spins. Look i found one here:

https://youtu.be/7O-aAG25OxA?t=156

Anonymous No. 953920

>>953877
You'd obviously move the tail retard, but it doesn't contribute to spinning. It'd be secondary motion (like the wings) where it follows the spin rather than imparts it.
Just because it has a tail, doesn't mean it fundamentally rewrites physics.

Anonymous No. 953931

>>953920
Don't act like you forgot it has a tail and wings. It's not nearly close to human rig and it can never act like a human. We have enough pokemon anime to proof it.

Anonymous No. 953947

>>953931
I omitted it because it doesn't factor into the motion.
It's bipedal, and therefore would work like any other bipedal mesh.

Image not available

480x270

charazardspin4.gif

Anonymous No. 953993

>>953947
Incorrect, look at the gif and see how the tail matters. Directly from the creators. The wings also matter, what you saying is load of crap that immature people do in their animation.

Anonymous No. 954018

>>953993
You literally just proved my point retard.
The tail is following the spin, which is why it's wrapped around the body. It's secondary motion. It doesn't drive the spin or impart momentum to it.
I mean for fuck's sake, that's HOW a tail whip works. You get more force for the impact by swinging it around the body than you would just moving the tail. Because, once again, that's how physics works. Body spins, tail follows because the body is spinning, body stops spinning, inertia keeps tail moving to hit the target. The tail doesn't matter for the spin in terms of what's driving the motion, it's secondary. Do you need to animate it to look right? Absolutely, a tail sticking out during the spin would be retarded. Does it fundamentally change the motion of spinning around one foot to the point where standard animation principles suddenly don't apply? Fuck no.

Also in your "example" the wings don't even fucking move, they stay in the same pose through the 2 fucking frames of the spin there are.
Not to mention
>IT'S NOT A HUMAN, YOU CAN'T JUST USE HUMAN POSES FOR IT
Yet your example shows it literally fist fighting Mewtwo.

Anonymous No. 954024

>>954018
Again wrong like always amature. your claim of "tail doesn't matter" does apply to the weight of Charizard, it is a body part, it has weight, it has meaning to the character. You are neglecting a important body part because you a dumb human do not understand how tail works for animals and creatures.

The wings do move, a real standstill would make the wings look bad. Small motions are apply, yet you fail to see it. Front are blue and back are black, they did move to spin, you fail. I do not know how you fail to even notice this basic design that people drew in many parts of the world.

Also, the spin, the entire point of our fighting, you can see Charizard legs moving. It's not one feet, that's not how he spins. You are wrong. His legs moved into different positions like any normal creature.

it's not human, it's not how it fights in 90% of pokemon battles and you are still wrong on how Charizard moves.

Anonymous No. 954026

>>954024
What the fuck do you even want? Blender doesn't support dragon bones, so maybe you should just give up.

Anonymous No. 954027

>>954026
Doesn't support dragon bones?! Blender is weak. All normal rigged 3d software can do anything, if Blender cant do dragon, it fails at a 3d software.

Anonymous No. 954056

>>954024
Hold a rope (or literally anything) and spin around and get back to me on what follows what. If you want to go even further, since you're clearly an esl furry schizo, stick a tail plug into your ass and spin.
If it starts spinning before the rest of your body even starts moving, there's some fundamental issue at play that's even worse than what we're discussing.
>It's not one feet
And yet OP asked how to have a character spin on one foot.

Anonymous No. 954067

OP, how old are you?

Anonymous No. 954073

>>954056
why do you assumed tail is not important when the tail is important enough to move. Your own statements does not aline with spinning. The tail will move the tail will have a meaning and the tail has importance to character. Stop with your amature hour, if you dont understand tails, read up on it https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Animsurvivalkit.jpg

Me, pokemon company and the book used by millions of animators all agree the tail is importance, you have nothing but your nonsense claims.

OP needs to learn correctly how to spin, the two idiots taught OP wrong. Again, we can find hundreds of Charizard moves, spinning is common in the anime, yet you are talking nonsense like "tail isn't important" when the creators of pokemon animated the tail for a good reason.

Anonymous No. 954112

>>954067
Im old enough to regret this thread

Image not available

909x682

imhelpless.png

Anonymous No. 954113

im not sure i understand either the pivot bone parenting the FK control bone thing or the empty child of thing

Anonymous No. 954115

>>954113
It's called someone messing up the rig and following bad youtube channels. Stop what you are doing, do not follow the two idiots who told you to put the pivot on the leg and actually learn how things work.

You will need to restart everything in your rig.

Image not available

2448x4108

Tails.jpg

Anonymous No. 954116

>>954073
I don't think you've read up on it.

Image not available

1920x1080

0001.png

Anonymous No. 954122

>>954115
I followed this tutorial Is the rigs so wrong in these tutorials?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slrh3TSJpN0.

Anonymous No. 954184

>>954116
Isn't that exactly what i been telling you, while you said no to it.

Anonymous No. 954187

>>954184
You said there's nothing useful about a human rig for a dragon character despite there not being any mechanical difference. You rig it how you need it, you move it how you need it. But since it's a fucking dragon, you can't apply any technique demonstrated on a different character.
You two don't disagree on anything other than you being a special case retard that can't generalize.

Anonymous No. 954204

>>954122
Ok so i looked around his sources for Eevee and the awful youtuber just downloads the game files from mobile game or one of the 10 3D pokemon games with Eevee.

That means he custom build the rig, something the models do not support because Blender has always hates FBX models. And no changing it to OBJ isn't going to magically change that in Blender.

Anonymous No. 954219

>>954187
I been generalize about this pokemon, it's close to other dragon like pokemon. You always see the tail become something during battles. Yet, that dumb person thinks "the tail isn't important" has his base.