Image not available

854x480

km_20230625_480p_....gif

๐Ÿงต Settings for fight scenes

Anonymous No. 953858

I'm gonna be making a fight scene in these up coming days (cake station fight contest) and I don't know what to do for the setting. I feel like whenever I have my animations on whatever setting it just looks so goooofy. I don't have the prompt for the fight yet but how do y'all decide where to choreograph your animations? Do y'all use assets? How do you keep everything in a similar type?

Anonymous No. 953888

>>953858
haha fantastic blog post ;-^
how do I unsubscribe, though?

Image not available

640x400

sf.png

Anonymous No. 953894

Just use Street Fighter backgrounds

Anonymous No. 954378

Some settings are cooler than others, but really they are what you make of them. Games like Guilty Gear and MvC have ridiculously over-detailed and exotic locales and none of them are even memorable. Meanwhile, the most memorable fight scene of The Matrix takes place in the most boring physical space known to man: the lobby entrance of a metropolitan skyscraper. You have to think of the terrain as a participant in the fight and consider how to push it to the limit the same way you push character choreography.

Watch some Monty Oum animations. Consider the chateau fight from Matrix Reloaded managed to make a visually striking and spatially interesting arena out of two staircases and a balcony. Maybe dive into old John Woo films. Watch Equilibrium.