Image not available

1376x798

1679906053997582.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 957580

Is The Gnomon Workshop good or is it a scam? I want to learn from a couple of courses, and they have video previews for each course. Some parts of the courses seem interesting, but some of their results for the courses I want seem questionable, at best. I won't pirate.

Anonymous No. 957581

>>957580
I just looked through and seen reviews about it. I don’t recommend it, one major flaw is that you can’t get Autodesk or Adobe’s software as a student. You will pay a high price plus the monthly subscription. It’s not the real school, no certificates or accreditation. This means if you want to go to real school to learn a specific subject, the online courses aren’t going to be something to brag about and you’ll lose time on something you know.

I highly recommend a normal school just to avoid paying extra money to Autodesk and Adobe.

Anonymous No. 957582

>>957581
I'm talking about this - access to their streaming library of video tutorials. I want to learn simulation and nuke compositing

>Get instant access to the Gnomon Workshop Library for $499 a year or $54/month.

>Access hundreds of streaming video tutorials by leading entertainment industry professionals on such topics as design, modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, compositing and animation. Designed for both students and professionals, our library has helped thousands of artists advance their skills.

Anonymous No. 957600

It's a tutorial market similar to Wingfox, Udemy , so pretty much depends on the teachers , usually these place have some loose guideline and the teacher just do whatever they want , so no continuity between classes and depend mostly whether you really want to learn from specific artists

Anonymous No. 957625

>>957582
Still doesn’t mean you get the software for free. You need the software no matter what, unless you think 30 days is enough or stolen it. Also, we don’t really know how much your pc can handle simulations and particles. Just to give an overview, an 1050Ti GeForce graphic card can only do like 20% until lag happens.

One last thing, I’m 100% sure you need adobe effects experience or at best visual editing skills. You’ll will need to make sure no losses happen and sadly, only adobe effects offers it. Unless you’re a hobbyist then it shouldn’t matter since viewers never care much.

Anonymous No. 957652

>>957625
You dont do particle sims on graphics cards. You do it on cpu with oodles of ram. Gpu solvers look like shit.

After effects is shit. I am trying to learn nuke

Image not available

1706x1934

sir.png

Anonymous No. 957684

>>957580
Hi Ranjesh. You will pirate and you will be happy sir. You will apply for green card and work in your dream job as vfx compositor along with other sirs.

Anonymous No. 957724

>>957684
dear mr FBI,
I won't pirate.

t. anon

Anonymous No. 959105

The videos on Gnomon Workshop are actually really good quality