Image not available

1080x1920

harley 4 open.jpg

๐Ÿงต Tutorial for character renders with good lighting?

Anonymous No. 959261

I want to do poses of characters with a background with good lighting. I figured out how to pose characters, but I don't know how lighting works, or compositing. Anyone know a good tutorial for someone who plans on doing character renders? A course would be even better, cause I don't want to watch a 3 minute video that only tells me 2% of what I need to know. I want something comprehensive that goes over everything about compositing lighting and character renders to make the best render possible

Anonymous No. 959262

the problem I have with youtube tutorials is they don't tell you a lot, so what happens is I waste 1 year of my life finding out there's all these other more efficient ways to do something. That's why I am asking if you know a tutorial that doesn't create "gaps" in my knowledge.

Image not available

1015x678

chrome_2023-09-23....png

Anonymous No. 959314

Yeah video tutorials suck.
Read the help guide for w/e software you're using that goes over the ins and outs of what the different settings on your light do as well as for the rendering options.
Once you have the most basic understanding of how a light works in your package, how to light a scene in 3d is not different than lighting it in real life. Google pictures of lighting setups and just copy them. Pro photographers like to use a big main light that lights up what you want to look at, a fill light which is dimmer that addes variation to the dark areas, and a rim light which is very bright but shines from behind the subject to just add some bright edges. Since youre just rendering stills go ahead and turn up your render settings to their max. Global illumination, ray tracing, final gather, everything up very high or as high as they can go before a single image takes longer than a human life to do on your computer.

Anonymous No. 959320

>>959314
>Yeah video tutorials suck.
you don't know what you are talking about....