Image not available

680x660

1691398895713538.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 960312

Do you think AI will make it much easier to make AAA work consistently?

Anonymous No. 960317

To begin with, AAA is dead and is only afloat because platformholders pour money from other sources into purchasing what otherwise would be defunct studios.

Anonymous No. 960335

>>960312
nice high-quality thread, bro.

Anonymous No. 960382

>>960335
answer the question. >>960312

Anonymous No. 960401

>>960312
I think yeah, it's just a matter of when

Anonymous No. 960426

Asset flipping isn't AAA

Anonymous No. 960427

>>960426
It literally is, depends on budget. Budget less then 10 million - asset flipping, budget above 100kk - promising AAAA production pipeline.

Anonymous No. 960469

>>960382
answer the question >>960335

Anonymous No. 960472

>>960312
Ideally, it will make technical artists even more overpowered than they already are.
The technical artist elite will soon earn $400k salaries producing massive open worlds created using custom tools made with Houdini+AI nodes

Image not available

226x376

1679499931271126.jpg

Anonymous No. 960476

>>960472
imagine the power we tech artists are going to have in ~2 years when we have spectral rendering industry wide and ai nodes also industry wide. Its going to be fucking madness

Anonymous No. 960477

>>960426
Do you realize how much assets a single AAA game uses? They literally have to reuse assets from older projects and buy them from other studios or else they won't make a profit.

Anonymous No. 960478

>>960427
>>960477
>An asset flip is a type of shovelware in which a video game developer legally purchases pre-made assets and uses them to create numerous permutations of generic games and sell them at low prices.[1] While not technically illegal, they tend to be viewed by gamers as uncreative,[1] and as diverting attention from less popular high-quality titles.
No one saying using assets can't be aaa.
If you can't find a pre-made asset that you need, because your needs are too specific, and you use AI, that means you used an asset for something that needed specific creativity. Thus your project becomes an asset flip.

I sometimes use assets, and I don't use AI, for that very reason. if something is important and specific enough that I can't use an asset, or that would make my work a cheap asset flip, I create something myself.

Anonymous No. 960484

>>960478
100% of AAA games now are shovelware. Non-shovelware is something that has an art director who cares and unique, consistent art style (which is probably simply unachievable with using assets or outsourcing to sweatshops). The last game like that which I can remember was Prey 2017. There is no difference between using actual premade assets or using premade-quality stuff that your personal monkey outputs on your request, you are still discarding actual artistry.

Anonymous No. 960486

>>960484
Half Life: Alyx

Anonymous No. 960490

>>960484
you never heard of Elden Ring?

Anonymous No. 962283

>>960490
You mean the game that has random rock cliffs everywhere, has asylum demon next to every big tree, reuses every single weapon animation from DS3, has 3 horse rider bosses that share most animations, has 2 scrapped DS3 bosses (Tree spirit, Red Wolf) and one scrapped Selkirk boss (Malenia) and finally best of all, resided the same enemies and even most bosses in every area? I am sure none of the trees, rocks and other minor scenery was not bought from some random asset stores or from other games probably not even related to Fromsoftwere. It’s not the first time they have done this, Cleric beast sound is the same as BotW water ganon or some other Gabon boss in that game, because they were bought in the same asset pack. Yeah, truly a game where everything was made in accordance to its vision, no asset reuse that would qualify average indie game as assetflop if both had the same standards applied to them.

Anonymous No. 962347

>>960476
im going to put money on this being short term.

ai WILL make your job easier till the ai gets easy enough to use to the point you are not needed. imagine it this way

I want to create a map, now imagine photoshop with the default layer being baseline. now each layer above is higher and higher and layers lower are low and lower, and I feed that into an ai and ask it to to make the geometry, it spits it out and I make fine adjustments in a vr sculpting like interface (look it up, retardedly simple to use and gets blocking shit in done fast) and there's base done

now I go over to the next ai program that textures everything. I paint the textures of what I want onto the land. this area over here is going to be rock, this area here is going to be sand, here is some dirt, and look at that pavement. and a half hour later, the work is done and looks believable, this part is done for now

next comes in houses and by golly there is an ai house pack that you can just paint on the ground and it figures out more or less what you want in the style you want it, you now have civilization done, so you move onto the wilderness, and you just tell it where the game is set on a map/globe and the ai spits back what would likely be growing there, and you paint that in where you want it.

now you likely have an ai simulate weather in the area and it will suggest where to put water and rivers, you can do it exactly as suggested, OR you can put in your own special bits.

probably going to be a point of interest ai, this will look at the area and put some things that may or may not have showed up there.

and finally, everything is set for you to make fine details, where the ai suggests things based on how used it things the area would be, possibly making interiors itself.

then it goes into a 'bake'/optomization ai, and it gets hand looked at by a few people who are high up.

there will fewer well paid jobs over time because ai will do the job better than you in time.