Image not available

300x211

z-brush.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 960632

What the fuck is wrong with the user interface and controls here? Its so fucking stupid and uncomfortable

Anonymous No. 960633

>>960632
Skill issue

Anonymous No. 960636

>>960633
this is major UX issue

Anonymous No. 960638

3D modeling software needs overengineered and bloated UIs to scare off actual artists. Otherwise us nerds wouldn't be able to keep our jobs.

Anonymous No. 960656

so use mudbox dude

Anonymous No. 960709

Alias spent one billion dollars to research and develop the ultimate UI system, and now in the 21st century you can either copy what they did or do it wrong.

Anonymous No. 960710

>>960709
if maxon ever tried to improve the zbrush interface, the people who have been using it for 15 years will flip out and go berserk on social media and they'll never hear the end of it.

Anonymous No. 960713

>>960709
>Alias spent one billion dollars to research and develop the ultimate UI system
you mean stock Qt that anyone with a months experience with qt api can implement?

Anonymous No. 960717

>>960632
just spend a day or two with it, learn the buttons, learn how to customize the interface and save your custom UI, and it ends up being really solid.

probably my favorite interface and controls once i actually took the time to learn it instead of just being stubborn and complaining

Anonymous No. 960758

You're supposed to customise zbrush for the tasks you personally use it for. Once you do that and you learn it and know what you need, it's not soooo bad.
Other software is geared around legibility which makes sense because most tasks in 3D aren't tasks you're spending hours and hours on, so it's okay to have to actually read and look through menus and use search boxes to find what you need.

However, I think some of horrible parts of using zbrush just come from the underlying technology. I had to do something today using polypaint, which I never use, and I could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. In fact, it worked perfectly when I did the exact same process in a fresh project, so along the way I did something to my model that stopped it working. If it was any other program I'd have been able to figure out the issue. But no other program could do what I was trying to do, which is get close to good enough retopology from drawing a few lines on a model. I found a workaround and did indeed get good very good topology from minimal effort.

>>960710
They really should have changed up the UI for zbrush core. It's not easier to get into sculpting through core than through zbrush, in fact it's harder because there's hardly any guides and tutorials for it, which becomes a problem when you run into some classic zbrush autism.

Image not available

440x266

failed.png

Anonymous No. 960784

>>960632
it's not for you then, is it?

Image not available

204x221

chrome_Tw754NqSqq.png

Anonymous No. 960788

OP, you are dimwitted imbecile. Every single aspect of ZBrush UI is completely user customizable, ZBrush is meant to be used with drawing tablet and you should make custom UI suited for your workflow.

Anonymous No. 960804

>>960633
/thread
complaining instead of just personalizing it automatically means that OP does not have the mindset to make it. will probably go back to blender soon and become a vehement maximalist.
>>960636
you can literally change it to whatever the fuck you want

Anonymous No. 960893

>>960632
Ignore the faggots seething, unless on the last 3 versions the ui modification is autism curve in and of itself (still better than blender, but people made functioning forks of it gitsearch instantly spits out), instead go to youtube, find a ui you like in some tutorial persons video, 4/5 times workspace file will be there then just rebind as needed. Or just >>960656, as passable tool that is usable is always better than schizo swiss army knife that you need 40 page manual to unlock properly when its only 3 good components can be done 60% as well by your kitchen cutlery in 1/3rd the time.

Anonymous No. 960945

>>960893
board language is English, anon.

Anonymous No. 960965

even if you customise the ui, half the features just have completely insane workflows that go against any human intuition

Anonymous No. 960966

>>960965
just watch pavlovich for like 1 day and shut up

Anonymous No. 962022

>>960632
zbrush is the best sculpting engine,
zbrush was never made to sculpt
zbrush was made for people who never touched a computer.

the program does fucking every single thing differently from every other program you will ever use, its literally harder to use zbrush if you ever used a computer before.

honestly hate the program enough to just use blender, if I ever require the detail it can produce, ill suck it up and use it, but I dont see the need for a hobby.

Anonymous No. 962030

>>962022
>honestly hate the program enough to just use blender
agreed with you until this

Anonymous No. 962040

>>962030
I sculpt as a hobby, if it was a job I would use z brush, and if I needed tens of millions of pollies to do what I want, I would probably just get use to it, but blender for me handles 5-10 just fine, hell, my understanding is 3dcoat has a somewhat perpetual learning licence that doesn't require anything to use, probably use that instead of blender before zbrush.

Anonymous No. 962044

coulnt agree more it's honestly a godsend