Image not available

1100x620

1691348087354026.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 963682

I own zbrush (paid), from pixologic, pre maxon, but I can't get a good likeness sculpt out of it. Some people on youtube have said that likeness sculpting requires incredibly accurate measurements - something that zbrush definitely doesn't excel at. It also doesn't allow for 2 or more viewports at once.
>Am I experiencing a skill issue or is it a zbrush issue?
>Is blender better for likeness since its true 3d?
>should i sub to zbrush and get the latest maxon features?

(I've studied and continue to study anatomy as a hobby)

Anonymous No. 963686

>>963682
Skill issue. 100% skill issue.
Don't beat yourself down yet, those faggot grifters on YouTube forgot to mention that likeness sculpts are several orders of magnitude more difficult than plain creature sculpting or even just generic humans for you have to both overcome uncanny valley AND be accurate to the model subject.

There isn't a way around it other than keeping at it until it clicks.
Actors are all scanned anyway and knowing every pore and pimple on some B-list celeb only goes so far to improve your anatomy knowledge.
As long as you know how to sculpt a serviceable generic human face you are golden.

You won't be measuring the diameter of their nostril down to the micron neither, so forget whatever stinking bullshit they peddled you about measurements.

Don't switch to Blender and for the love of God don't give Maxon money.

Anonymous No. 963687

>>963682
i dunno, but you could give caricature a try the dial back the exaggerations to get a likeness.

Anonymous No. 963693

>>963686
>You won't be measuring the diameter of their nostril down to the micron neither, so forget whatever stinking bullshit they peddled you about measurements.

I thought measurements were everything to get an accurate likeness. In 2D people always take measurements and some even *shudder* grid

Anonymous No. 963953

>>963693
For likeness definitely measure. Use as many guides and rulers as needed cause every likeness artist does so. Some will hide the measurements on the second monitor or skip that part but every single portrait likeness artist does so. It's possible to do it straight from looking but statistically you wont live long enough to achieve it.

Not worth doing though. You dont learn anything other than to remember details of that persons face.

Image not available

1242x1412

118DBCCA-A9A9-420....jpg

Anonymous No. 965455

>>963682
This was sculpted by a Korean girl out of clay you can buy at Walmart, what kind of measuring do you think she did

Anonymous No. 965506

You probably could do do this faster in blender by using multiple cameras with background images and multiple viewport windows. Just make sure you can get photographs of your subject where you know or can find out the focal length etc lmao
Then after that take it back to zbrush to finish off the high frequency details.
But that first anon is correct, it is a skill issue and likeness sculpts can be stupid hard.
The level of autism required for 1:1 exact seamless photorealistic likenesses is, imo, not worth the effort. Professionally you would use photo scans for doing that (I assume).
I think it's better and more worthwhile to just use your skill to sculpt something close enough without trying for a AAAA quality virtual clone.