Image not available

407x124

descarga.png

๐Ÿงต Programs that won't fry my PC with only running it

Anonymous No. 964929

Hey, I've been interested in trying 3d modeling and animation. The problem is that my new PC, even if it has a decent processor, it has a shitty graphics card from like 2007

I mostly wanted to know if there's no problem trying to at least start using Blender or other programs to at least try them, or if a graphic card is 100% needed to use them.

Anonymous No. 964958

You're out of luck bro. Blender needs a half decent "modern" Graphics card, just like most 3D software.
Yours is ancient. It's like attempting to play Cyberpunk 2077 with a GeForce 8800 GTX.

Anonymous No. 964960

>>964929
You should probably try to get some older software, possibly even an older version of Blender. Unfortunately, that comes with the problem that it'll be difficult to get advice for, since most tutorials and help will be for modern versions.

Anonymous No. 964974

>>964929
>The problem is that my new PC, even if it has a decent processor, it has a shitty graphics card from like 2007
if the only issue is the graphics card and the rest of your PC is decent, just get a better graphics card. You don't need a 4090, I work with a 1080, which is 7 years old at this point. Get something like that second hand.

Anonymous No. 964987

>>964929
use 2.79b its older cpu based renderer is better than waiting on a cycles render with a weak card with low v-ram or attempting to use as cpu with it.

Anonymous No. 964993

>>964987
what is 2.79?

Anonymous No. 965354

>>964929
I do most of my modeling in blender on an HP pavilion 14 and it does fine. If you want to get into really detailed sculpting or somewhat complicated animations then you'll probably need to consider upgrading to a better card, but for just learning the ropes of modeling you should be pretty good. I would recommend upgrading soon though, if you actually want to get serious about 3dcg you'll need to bite the bullet eventually so you might as well start setting some money aside now so that you'll have it when you need it.

Anonymous No. 965398

>>964993
Blender legacy version.