Image not available

708x661

Side-1.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 965670

Anons, I haven't been able to make another sculpt this "nice" in forever. How did you learn to sculpt faces?

Anonymous No. 965671

looking at anatomy breakdowns of bones, muscles. And practicing. I sounds boring - and I hated the idea of learning anatomy, but honestly it is the only way unless you want to spend x10 more time to get to the same point.

Anonymous No. 965672

>>965670
just look at references and then look at references harder

Image not available

976x719

lowres_niko.png

Anonymous No. 965676

>>965670
Maybe try starting low res and getting the basic structure in place before subdividing
You can make something around this resolution in 10 minutes and add finer details on top (speedchar made pic related in about two minutes)
Even if it seems too low-res to really work with, there is actually a lot of room for expressing form with limited polys. I find it fun to make these low-res sculpts, because you can actually get something decent very quickly. If you don't like the way it's going, delete and try another one.
Once you have a promising base shape, subdivide and add details

Probably the most important thing is to use reference and sculpt a head every day

Image not available

803x875

Sister_DialogousR....png

Anonymous No. 965685

>>965670
just be youre self bra

Anonymous No. 965764

>>965670
This didn't deserve its own thread. Every day one of you head niggas posts a new head asking how to make heads. Take it to the stupid question general.

But to answer your question: By sheer force of will, push the clay into the shape of the thing you're making. It's a mental trick. Decide where things should go, and then put them there.

Anonymous No. 965783

>>965671
Go back to /ic/
Not against reference images, but use them mainly stuff that you want to model in as many variations as possible.
Some of this can be anatomy diagrams of muscle groups but that doesn't mean you have to memorize them unless you're applying for an art school.