Image not available

377x372

1684806415675297.gif

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 966985

Why didn't we get free, non subscription, open source non pozzed 3d ai model reconstruction from photo? What about ai texturing and uving? What killed it? Let me guess - the EU?

You ai cultists are looking worse and worse every day - first it was 2more weeks but now its been years and still nothing.

Anonymous No. 966987

I've posted on that many times this won't happen as a 2D to 3D algorithm.
Making a useable 3D model would require training data in the form of lots of finished 3D assets.
And basically the only large enough dataset that's theoretically obtainable is datamining the entire stream library or using scene warez.
Since existing 2D and text models are already a copyright nightmare where data was obtained from legally publicly available sources any 3D dataset would probably be illegal.

Apart from that you have increased complexity, different formats and just more data to arrive at a similar amount of data points (one image is equivalent to one mesh)

Anonymous No. 966988

>>966987
what about machine learning? Not AI, but machine learning.

Anonymous No. 966995

>>966988
imagine BLOCKCHAIN machine learning... in the METAVERSE??

Anonymous No. 967076

>>966995
...rendered with QUANTUM computers and viewed in VR? i fucking love the FUTURE!!!11!1

Anonymous No. 967132

>>966985
I would love if an AI could help me texture and uv unwrap.

Anonymous No. 967135

>>966987
>Since existing 2D and text models are already a copyright nightmare where data was obtained from legally publicly available sources
It wasn't in many cases though, they just didn't give a fuck. I agree with you though, but it wouldn't surprise me if something AI powered at some point simplified at least some part of the long chain of the 3D workflow. I can't really see how it could ever reach the sophistication of 2D AI-generated images though, just for how computationally intense many parts of the 3D workflow is. You'd need to revive Moore's Law and have a decade or two of hardware gains to realistically do anything.

Anonymous No. 967137

>>967135
>AI powered
anything AI powered is just going to be the same as adobe ie big legal notices saying DO NOT USE IN ANYTHING BESIDES PERSONAL WORK / DO NOT USE OUR AI FOR FURTHER TRAINING / NO WRONGTHINK OR ELSE YOU ARE _PERMANENTLY_ BANNED

its OVER for AI people, time to wake up and accept reality. All we have now is machine learning in houdini and prman

Anonymous No. 967140

>>966987
>any 3D dataset would probably be illegal.
marketplaces like turbosquid already opted everyone into allowing their models to be trained on. imo you have to be very very naive to think that the trillion dollar coporations and VC backed nightmare factories won't lobby their way into eventually getting a complete training exemption.

>>967135
imo there's far more profit motive to just generate from scratch than to build tools that would fit into/replace parts of the existing pipeline.
you spend millions training a network to do retopology so a few thousand people will buy it vs spend millions to just shit out a full assets from a text prompt so tens of thousands can pay you a subscription.
we'll eventually see the retopo/uv tools but not before we're already generating decent triangle meshes.

Anonymous No. 967141

>>967140
>imo there's far more profit motive to just generate from scratch than to build tools that would fit into/replace parts of the existing pipeline.
side doesnt want that. Big auto also doesnt want that. BF doesnt want that.

Anonymous No. 967143

>>967141
the big /3/ players are absolutely dwarfed by the big tech guys. arguably adobe, via its acquisition of substance, is the biggest /3/ corpo now and they definitely do want gen ai for everything.
arguably even adobe's irrelevant when open ai/msft, meta and nvidia are already working on the problem. they have access so such vast amounts of capital and compute that if the problem can be solved they'll get there first.

Anonymous No. 967147

>>967143
>the big /3/ players are absolutely dwarfed by the big tech guys. arguably adobe, via its acquisition of substance, is the biggest /3/ corpo now and they definitely do want gen ai for everything.
like I said in >>967137, they want the most pozzed version possible, with big legal notices saying DO NOT USE IN ANYTHING BESIDES PERSONAL WORK / DO NOT USE OUR AI FOR FURTHER TRAINING / NO WRONGTHINK OR ELSE YOU ARE _PERMANENTLY_ BANNED

this will never live that way and now with the EUs stance, well...LOL

Anonymous No. 967148

>>967147
the burgers will not follow yurop.
the asians are bug people with no morals.
the eu will relent by the end of the decade.

Anonymous No. 967149

>>967148
biden hates AI my man. Open any newspaper.

Anonymous No. 967150

>>967149
he also sees the national security threat from falling behind the chinks. the big firms will have free reign for the foreseeable future.

Anonymous No. 967151

>>967150
no, they wont. Again, read any newspaper.

He only wants ai for the military.

Anonymous No. 967152

>>967151
the goal is asi, nothing less.

Anonymous No. 967153

>>967152
no, that's not the goal, because its not aligned / controllable at all. You don't know what you are talking about

Anonymous No. 967154

>>967153
no u.
anyway, i'll see you back here in 7 years and you can tell me i'm right.
i'm sure this thread will still be alive.

Anonymous No. 968763

hahahaha The New York Times just sued OpenAI for billions lmfao. This is going to the Supreme Court ! LOL