Image not available

400x400

cute.jpg

๐Ÿงต Half /po/-half /3/ question

Anonymous No. 967008

How hard is it to model an anime character in a low poly style as a beginner? I want to try making a papercraft of Maho Hiyajo from Steins;Gate 0, and I could not find any decent low poly models for that purpose so I thought I'd give it a hand of making my own. Are there any tutorials you would recommend for this purpose?

Anonymous No. 967016

>>967008
check some low poly models from games like megaman legends or whichever you like
also there's the #256fes tag on twitter and that 3dmodel site

but again, the problem with anime models is knowing what makes them look anime, otherwise you'll end with the westernized meme look.

TLDR: shit's hard but please try, looking forward to seeing your models

Anonymous No. 967071

>>967016
>but again, the problem with anime models is knowing what makes them look anime, otherwise you'll end with the westernized meme look.
I have a general idea but i feel like i would have to restart a couple times because the product wouldn't "feel right". What are some guidelines I should follow to not make it look westernized?

Anonymous No. 967080

>>967071
Your idea is shit and the only reason why you haven't tried yet is because you're afraid of finding that out the hard way.
Anyways, for papercraft you need strictly planar faces and a UV unwrap without any distortion. Then you need some space in the UV map around all the seams so you can have good attachment flaps for the pieces. Bake the UV unwrap to the texture as a guide for cutting and folding and print it out.

Anonymous No. 967327

Once you have the model use Pepakura Designer to convert it into a papercraft pattern. You can do it on your own but it'll be much slower and probably worse.

It's an amazing tool used a lot by cosplayers to get real scale patterns to then use with EVA foam or other materials.

Anonymous No. 969648

>>967008
based maho hiyajo enjoyer

Anonymous No. 971005

>>967008
just get any model, use papercraft utilities or extensions, profit

or get high red model, do retopov bake textures in the retopo model, profit

Anonymous No. 971324

>>967008
I hope you'll develop good habit before adopting poorly and tedious time consuming tutorials on modelling anime characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbTK9Wqjyvk&ab_channel=AREAJAPAN