Image not available

480x320

1678771900519073.webm

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 968585

Have any of you people ever made a popular tutorial, for a 3dcg subject and given it away for free on youtube? Do you have to struggle with the feeling that you might be giving away your advantage? Is it worth it?

Anonymous No. 968589

>>968585
>struggle with the feeling that you might be giving away your advantage?

Nah man, gate-keeping is for pussies we should elevate our understanding by help bringing up more minds to push back at boundaries on the cutting edge.
I wanna see what comes next not remain stuck where we're at.

>Is it worth it?

Imagine who we could be as a species if less people where prone to keep others in the dark when they acquire new insight.

Anonymous No. 968591

Can you please stop making youtube tutorials?
They're trash, clickbaity, annoying and misleading. And they pollute the search result pushing good content down the list.
Thank you in advance.

Anonymous No. 968593

>>968591
>Can you please stop making youtube tutorials?

no, mate

Anonymous No. 968614

>>968589
We would be extinct because some faggot would have gassed us all then himself.

the chair nerd No. 968624

>>968585
I've already had 20 ish people that have been personally trained by me and have moved on from working with me. Some of them have made their own studios, some of them compete with me and some of the even in that position have taken clients from me; heck I have had a couple that have made it to big shot studios as lead animators and modellers for features like Arcane. Even my ex-partner is making big bucks making archviz for big shot studios.

Do I feel like a loser? No. I've been pretty fortunate in my personal life and that is enough for me.

If you keep seeing everything you make and do from a transactional perspective I can fucking guarantee that you will be miserable and unhappy even if you are successful.

Anonymous No. 968632

>>968624
>some of them compete with me and some of the even in that position have taken clients from me;
jesus

Anonymous No. 968637

>>968585
I don't think you've come to acceptance with your own abilities...

"Those that can't do, teach"

Anonymous No. 968638

>>968637
if that was the case, the Steven Knipping, teacher from the famous Applied Houdini series would never have worked at ILM

Anonymous No. 968642

>>968638
But the difference is that he actually worked in the industry and did something within it, enough to be able to teach and pass on knowledge. He's not gatekeeping it like OP is.

Anonymous No. 968645

>>968642
but you just said that those who cant do, teach. And yet....good old steve did both? Why are you trying to be Drew Demoralizer?

Anonymous No. 968649

>>968645
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

It's one thing to criticize, it's another to create.

Steven knows a bunch of 3d shit. He worked in the industry. He wants to share that knowledge. He's teaching because he knows the industry and what the fuck he's talking about and wants to share that knowledge.

There's a difference between a knowledgeable teacher that wants to share that shit vs OP who is clearly trying to justify gatekeeping that knowledge and is afraid/jealous of sharing said knowledge "giving people an advantage"

Anonymous No. 968653

>>968649
>There's a difference between a knowledgeable teacher that wants to share that shit

and yet steve doesnt share his tutorials for free on free youtube. I had to spend $900 on them

>vs OP who is clearly trying to justify gatekeeping
meanwhile OP is actually talking about sharing for free on youtube

Anonymous No. 968656

>>968653
boo hoo you actually had to spend money on something.

Boo hoo, OP is mad it's for free. Mother fucking can delete their shit at any single time yet comes to this website to bitch and gatekeep.

paid/free. It really doesn't matter in the end. There's websites like cgpeers/persia/whatthefuckever that are torrent sites that you can download expensive tuts for free instead of spending 900 bucks on. Guess what, you can even download the actual programs people use to create said 3D instead of paying money.

Does is really matter this much?

Anonymous No. 968663

>>968656
Its not 2013 anymore. Dont even bother replying with your lame tired bs

Anonymous No. 968669

>>968663
hahaha you're mad because you spent 900 bucks when you could've pirated for free

hahahaha

Anonymous No. 968677

>>968663
what does 2013 have to do with anything?

Anonymous No. 968694

>>968585
i give people a bit of advice and let them use it if they're smart enough
no point putting it on youtube unless i make money off it though, i only help people i know

Anonymous No. 968699

>>968694
You are assuming this retard even understands basics like marketing 101. They bitch and complain about making a tutorial for free and if they should be upset about it

Anonymous No. 968752

>>968699
if I release my tutorial "for le free" I also have to release
>links to scripts on github that go along with it,
>.hip files that also go along with it,
>.ma files that also go along with it
>alembic files that also go along with it

You have no idea what goes into a quality tutorial that is worthwhile for people to see. All you know is stale static modelling tutorials