Image not available

939x768

d2f4fe2439ab04e63....png

๐Ÿงต Blender

Anonymous No. 969381

I love blender, but have to admit that the devs are incompetent
every new version they bring new features that no one outside of some big studio uses
rarely bring real improvements besides bug fixes and UI changes
want to have an easier time working?
install machinetools and a bunch of 3rd party addons to make blender usable

but i found something that really made me mad
i made some money and went from Intel HD to Nvidia
even tho Blender uses FFMPEG, blender only has hardware acceleration for rendering
if you want to encode a video in blender you have to use your CPU
the GPU is basically useless outside of rendering polygons

Anonymous No. 969386

>>969381
Haha that's cute. As if blender would ever render fast enough that hardware encoding would matter.
No production renderer can do that either btw.
Technically you can use UE5 as a production software but that's the only exception and it doesn't really count.

Anonymous No. 969428

>>969381
I'm pretty sure large studios also uses Autodesk products that are modified as fuck that they're unrecognizable with their own in-house tools.

New Blender updates are not as flashy as they used to because of how much they're sperging on Geo Nodes. I don't use it much but get it, having a framework where it's much easier to make your own tools is a good development investment going forward.

Anyways, the features you get is as good as when someone competent is available for an open source project. Blend devs aren't going to start on a feature that they know that they can't maintain and might be completely replaced due to a rewrite. 3rd party add-ons exist on an ecosystem where they can push out focused features as fast as they can with while being able to maintain it when the code breaks their add-on.

I still wish that they work on having overrideable shape keys though. Fuck.

Anonymous No. 969432

>>969386
What do you mean? Blender's absolutely printing frames for me

Anonymous No. 969450

>>969381
>machinetools
kitbashing is for faggots and failed artists

Anonymous No. 969722

>version 4
>still haven't fixed texture paint mode so you can reliably draw a single pixel despite it being fucked since like 2.81
ha.

Image not available

1366x768

Screenshot (23).png

Anonymous No. 969776

>>969381
does blender support rx580?
or do I need to install some drivers to use it?

Anonymous No. 969835

>>969776
Only Eevee supports it, the last Cycles engine that supports AMD Polaris Cards was on 2.93.

Anonymous No. 970035

>>969776
I used to use an rx580 until last year and it was so bad that I just used my much older CPU instead.