Image not available

343x351

IMG_0894.gif

🧵 Practicing 3D without computer

Anonymous No. 969819

Broke my laptop yesterday and won’t be having a solution until a month or two. I have literaly nothing else to do than 3d shit.
How can I practice 3D skills without a laptop. I’m into 3D because I’d like to be a solo gamedev. So I was training for modeling, texture painting, character sculpting, animating, etc.

Any advices for this crazy ass question?

Anonymous No. 969820

>>969819
Draw or buy some modelling clay and sculpt anon, art is art whether you work in 2D or 3D and you will improve in both automatically by doing either. Trick is to treat the paper like a 3D space, you are doing 3D onto that paper only you are working from a fixed camera angle.

Anonymous No. 969821

>>969819
>I’d like to be a solo gamedev

Since this is your passion you can also spend this time doing tasks oriented towards this goal that doesn't need a computer, like working on your design document describing the game you wanna create and break down all the subtasks that need to be accomplished to manageable tasks you can start chip away at once you have your hardware back in action. Or work on level design coming up with mapflow, structure etc.

There is a lot of meaningful things you can do away from a computer that goes into making a videogame.

Anonymous No. 969828

>>969821
>>969820
Will do, I tought about these exact same things, I guess I don’t have many options anyway