Image not available

761x582

Fd6tz[1].png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 970435

how do you weight paint the pelvis so the result isn't absolute garbage when doing extreme leg poses? this shit is always awful the moment you pass the 90 degree mark. do i just have to use blend shapes?

Anonymous No. 970444

This helped me out, a godsend desu since 99% of tutorial on the subject are bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPz0QpfwJCk
In short you can weight paint while the armature is active and in pose, use the smear brush to move weights across boundaries and you want to keep auto normalize on all times.
But def watch it. He explains it way better than I can.

Anonymous No. 970445

>>970435
>extreme leg poses
>blend shapes
You also can use bendy bones and drivers but yeah pretty much.

Anonymous No. 970461

>>970435
You can't pull your knees to your chin without bringing your pelvis upwards. Learn what the actual constraints are and it'll simplify rigging a lot.
Then make your topology good and place the pivots better.

Anonymous No. 970641

>>970435
I have video showing interesting solution but unfortunetely I cannot post it on this board due to the rules

Anonymous No. 970643

>>970435
you bend the legs and modify the weights accordingly. the from of the upper thighs are supposed to go inside of the pelvis but not instantly. the ass is also supposed to not look deformed if the legs are rotated 90°

Anonymous No. 970644

>>970643
the front* fuck you get what I mean

Anonymous No. 970647

>>970435
Can we see the topology? Or are you using Maya?

Anonymous No. 970648

>>970435
You need a workflow.

Anonymous No. 970746

>Femur is actually a hockey stick

AAAAAAAA

Anonymous No. 971088

>>970647
i use zbrush, maya, and blender. i sculpt and retopo in zbrush normally, but i wanted to work on some simpler models and felt like i could polymodel everything in blender, but i suck. i mostly can't get out of the mindset of sculpting and then retopo'ing, but with how simplified the designs are i have to model it from the beginning to keep smooth contours. i could also use primitives in zbrush and just fuse them, but it's more work than just doing that in blender i think.
>>970648
im trying to build one but they all feel too tedious to make adjustments with. this is my current workflow:
>zbrush sculpt
>maya retopo/UV unwrap/rig/animate
>substance painter texturing

but now i have to model not sculpt, so my workflow is fucked.