Image not available

2559x1439

6524a7966e197.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 971962

What's the secret of the realistic looking CoD reload animations? No other game has reached such fidelity in the reloads animation area. Do they have animators dedicated just to viewmodel reloads that spend months on a single weapon? Do they use some sort of procedural magic?

Anonymous No. 971965

>>971962
Yeah they do have dedicated animators. It's a team effort but yeah.

Anonymous No. 971989

>>971962
Looking at some footage from Modern Warfare 2 on youtube it doesn't look like anything super tricky. It's just an animator who understand the subject material.
At a studio like infinity or whoever makes them now you also have access to great source material, you usually even have physical weapon props on site you can manipulate.

Personally I feel confident I could replicate the look of anything I see here within a day or two per gun.
Doing full body acrobatic animations I usually manage about ~10-15 seconds of really high quality movement in a full workday (16h window).

By comparison having hands move around in front of your face doing a few hand movements isn't as much of a challenge. If anything I'd complain a lot of the motion in CoD appears
too weightless, like the Desert Eagle changes direction and comes to a stop absolutely instantly like it's a plastic toy gun, those are hefty objects.
I've held one of those and it rivals the mass of our service rifle, thing must weight at least 2 kilos. You don't flick around something like that and have it translate around
the wrist with no ease-in-out to it.

Even if you're a built operative you'd twist it around it's own center of mass while the inertia of the mass of the gun frame would wanna trace it's own arc.
Revolver looks a lot better tho. What happened is they prob didn't have a deagle on hand and winged it off a Glock or something but they did have a heavy revolver to record.

Image not available

686x695

1677184797562890.jpg

Anonymous No. 972032

>>971962
>Cod reload animations
The secret to those is being a tacticool faggot who animates reload.
Fuck off with your weapon springing at every move like it's a bunch of jello, you layzuhcats-tier nigger.

Anonymous No. 972051

>>971962
>No other game has reached such fidelity in the reloads animation area.
Play Tarkov and try shooting/reloading real guns, retard.

Anonymous No. 972149

>>971962
It's motion capture. They get a guy in a suit to reload the gun and then they move the camera angle.

Anonymous No. 972150

>>972149
I doubt it is. Mocap is best for fullbody animation but it's a bitch to work with when you need a precise, perfectly timed animation that has multiple variations. Maybe they record some mocap for reference but the animation itself is all manual work.