Image not available

800x400

mouth-part-4-800x....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 985113

I'm trying to make upper and lower lips separate (model has a mouth cavity) but dynamesh merges them if they get too close. Should I make upper and lower lips different groups and then dynamesh by group? Is this how everyone does it?

Anonymous No. 985114

>>985113
I'd just sculpt it with closed lips and model the mouth area once I've re-topo'ed. Lips inner curve is pretty much impossible to get right anyways unless you have a teeth-insert and there is just no room to be as finicky as you need with sculpt tools.

Anonymous No. 985115

>>985113
I would mask the part i want to seperate, then invert the mask and then just use the crease brush to dig into the mouth while in sculpt mode.

Anonymous No. 985117

>>985113
>Should I make upper and lower lips different groups and then dynamesh by group?
what the fuck are you talking about
>>985114
>I'd just sculpt it with closed lips and model the mouth area once I've re-topo'ed
just do this

Anonymous No. 985146

>>985113
my nigga, if you are trying to make a model with a significant amount of detail you need to
- drop dynamesh asap (so, duplicaye your model)
- make a clean mesh (retopo / zremesh the copt of your model and have a low poly version of your model) (UV unwrap if you want)
- polygroup the areas that need special care to avoid overlapping (mouth, eyelids, ears)
- reproject the detail on the clean mesh (subdivided, of course)
- then delete the model with dynamesh (because at that point it is useless)
there is NO reason to work with a model with 200k+ polys and have dynamesh on

Anonymous No. 985374

>>985113
Flick sculptris on and off if you don't want to Retopo/Zrem yet

Anonymous No. 985419

sculpt the negative space and boolean subtract it

Anonymous No. 988156

>>985113
Whats the matcap you are using?