Image not available

1012x1324

1667503579960560.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 991224

So say I have a video of someone dancing, and I want to export that as a motion capture to Blender. How do I do it? I tried Googling and the first three links were from Youtubers pushing different subscription based services like plaski.ai, rokoko, Quickmagic.ai. Is this the only way to go about it? Are there any caveats to these services, like about what you can and cannot upload like most AI services these days? I'd prefer an opensource way but nowadays most opensource software is some obscure github packages I have to figure out how to download and install. Should I just do old school animation and do it all by hand and use the video as a reference?

Anonymous No. 991242

>>991224
That’s not how motion capture works, you do not capture from the video footage. You do need expensive equipment to capture yourself dancing.

Every single software of motion capture footage is a scam. It will not understand how one could be dancing. It will never help anyone, you’ll just end up with more unnecessary work. Blender is the most popular software for people to scam newbies like you.

Anonymous No. 991243

i haven't used this shit but did plan on looking into it. all the consumer stuff does seem to online, gated behind paywalls and shit

this seems to a library that has multiple models. not sure if it's SOTA or how easy it would be to setup. you'd probably need to do a lot of clean up and rig retargeting as well:
https://github.com/open-mmlab/mmpose/tree/main?tab=readme-ov-file

probably easier for you to just do it manually.

Image not available

808x1080

RokokoVideoSideby....webm

Anonymous No. 991244

>>991224
Rokoko has a free AI mocap tool called vision. Don't know how good it will work on your footage in particular but it's worth a try
>>991242
>Complains about video mocap
>Brings blender out of nowhere
Pyw faggot

Anonymous No. 991245

>>991243
>You have to know how to do programming
This is even more complicated and more work.

Anonymous No. 991249

>>991244
Who the fucking cares about rokoko
Stfu and pray for Cris
Cris is a Venezuelan artist and his country is in shambles
Cris and Venezuela free

Anonymous No. 991250

>>991244
Listen to me, AI is a scam. We been trying to capture footage from video since the beginning of webcam era. It’s never going to get better, no webcam will ever be better than a professional camera or specific camera. Blender is also a leading indicator for scammers because people like you ignored blender problems and downfalls.

Image not available

480x360

giphy-1573572055.gif

Anonymous No. 991340

If i go free hand I'd take inspiration from P.N.03 that was all done by freehand.

Anonymous No. 991341

>>991242
Kek, it's pretty simple to do with AI grandpa