Image not available

1825x1371

grass_planes_shad....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 992448

So I finally got to this issue with shading of grass planes. Pretty sure I've read few times something about this. There were suggestions to use vertical normals I think? I tried that and I think it made shading of those planes more binary, like one side is always at its brightest, the other side is always at its darkest. Then I hacked the material shader itself to skip lightning entirely and it works, but this is not really what I want. Because I want it to be shaded, but I want it to be shaded the same way from both plane sides. Any ideas?

Image not available

1835x1379

lf_shading_tricks.png

Anonymous No. 992483

So here is what I meant. And what I really want is just to have vegetation planes shaded always the same from both sides, and for those vegetation planes inside shadows of other objects be darker than same vegetation planes outside of shadows cast by anything. In my screen you can see the grass is equal inside the shadow of the tree and under the sun, that's because it completely ignores lightning by using material setup from OP-pic. Also, I probably want all those vegetation planes to not cast any shadows whatsoever. Do you think any of this is possible in Blender? I understand this will still require dedicated shader setup on game engine side, but I still wanted to achieve the same in Blender to undestand how it will look like and be able to adjust transparency, colors, etc, before even exporting anything into game engine.