Image not available

2048x1085

substance_painter.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 992506

What is the usual baking workflow with Substance Painter? As I see it, every object has to be baked individually which makes it seem kinda hard to use. If I bake, for example, stylized lightning on a tree, I will only have a bake for a particular angle of light, which means I can't just copypaste this tree throughout the scene with different angles, because it only ever works for one particular angle. Baking multiple angles of the same tree seems wasteful, also it seems like a crazy time sink to go through every object on scene one by one and bake them individually, especially if you need to carefully preserve the same settings, like lightning colors and angles.

Anonymous No. 992509

>>992506
Bumping. I’ve been thinking about this too recently and would really like a good answer

Also nice model and texture in the pic

Anonymous No. 992516

>>992506
yeah youll have to bake lighting for every tree in every position. there might be alternatives but we'd need hecka tedious details about the project and its needs.

Anonymous No. 992544

>>992506
I mean, don't bake lights on object textures, you should be baking lights on the game engine level

Image not available

641x1214

baked_lightning_s....png

Anonymous No. 992546

>>992544
> game engine level
Those are boring, I meant stuff like this.

Anonymous No. 992559

>>992546
see? no one can answer your question without knowing a million details about your project.

Anonymous No. 992565

>>992559
It's a general question to know what kinds of workflows exist. Is that normal that baking is such a chore (>>992516
is an answer) or is there a trick to import the whole scene and bake everything with same filters pipeline for example to not waste time to go through every single asset for example, etc.

Anonymous No. 992573

>>992565
i believe blender can do this, bake lighting into your whole scene. It's just a case of if you can bothered to set it up.