Image not available

607x906

Untitled6.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 993310

>blender randomly doing things I never even knew it could after years of using it
>changes made to one mesh affects another without me knowing it for days
FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE THIS FUCKING HOBBY

Image not available

333x226

mesh data.png

Anonymous No. 993325

yea, but wrong, one mesh did not affect the other. they are the same mesh.
the mesh you see on screen consists of 2 datas. the object data(position, rotation, modifier,tezture etc) and the mesh data (vertez, normal, UV)
if you want to make a new duplicated mesh you gota press the number right to the mesh name

Anonymous No. 993326

>>993325
press alt+d to duplicate object with the same mesh
press ctrl+d to duplicate object AND mesh

Anonymous No. 993370

>>993326
The reason why I have never been affected by this is because I try all the ctrl+anykey keyboard shortcuts before all the alt+anykey ones

Anonymous No. 993430

>>993326
I might have did a different combo with d I guess. I never even knew about this and I just spent several hours fixing it and now the UV unwrap is mirrored in some parts because I just don't have the effort to keep doing [cursor to selected -> selected to cursor] literally over 100 times.

Anonymous No. 997327

>>993310
Instancing is super convenient when you construct bigger stuff from smaller pieces. Like building building from parts or building levels of game from assets.
You can just editing the same reused asset once and it's automatically updated everywhere. I often make efforts to use as much instancing as I can to save time later.
Recently I discovered you can actually bring instancing back if you fucked it up accidentally by Ctrl-L Object Data.

Anonymous No. 997337

>>993310
This is basic 3d modeling stuff not some Blender quirk. I don't know what you were doing for those years you were using it.

Anonymous No. 998534

Oof, that sucks