Image not available

1600x1000

R.jpg

🧵 Zbrush requiring a shit ton of info

Anonymous No. 993435

I'm having to purchase Zbrush for school, and have settled on the subscription liscence, but only for a while. It baffles me that Zbrush, or rather Maxon, requires so much goddamn information about you just to be able to purchase it. Did everyone else go through this? Is there a way around it? A school ID I'd understand, but it asks for your drivers liscense and a video of you turning your head. Without suggesting an alternative like Blender, is there a way around this? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Anonymous No. 993441

Ask a Indian on fiverr to do it. Not even joking. Find an alternative payment method not linked to your name too

Anonymous No. 993445

if you have an edu email there isnt a student discount?
And why do you "need" to "buy" it? Are they checking?

Anonymous No. 993480

>>993435
You can still buy the perpetual off one of their recommended 3rd party dealers btw

Anonymous No. 993495

>>993435
Buying Zbrush? What are you talking about?

Anonymous No. 993496

people were abusing the edu license for redshift
maxon, being maxon has clamped down on this and most of these >>993441 sort of accounts got shut down
and now op is having his face analysed by those same indians
just pirate it

Anonymous No. 993530

>>993445
They do have a student discount, it's only $60/year which is a good price. I was debating between that and the perpetual liscense. My biggest problem is that you HAVE to provide a form of ID and a video of yourself, no matter which one you buy. I have no clue why they do this, it's stupid. No other software I've had to use does this.

And no, I don't "need" to "buy" it, if I can find a reliable way to pirate it I think that'd be fine. It's advised to get version 2022.0.8 though, so buying it would probably be easiest. I just hate that you have to provide so much info for it and was hoping someone here might have a work around.

Anonymous No. 993531

>>993480
If getting the perpetual license from a recommended 3rd party doesn't require all the ID bs, I'd be very interested in trying that. I've heard ToolFarm recommended before, is that good/reliable?

>>993496
Pirate it from where? Forgive me for being inexperienced, I don't pirate stuff all that often lol

Anonymous No. 993536

>>993531
Catch an invite from some peers in cg for a torrent site

Anonymous No. 993544

>>993531
I used novedge for mine. I don’t remember having to really give anything other than an email address to Maxon once I signed up, but I could be wrong. I know I didn’t have to give an ID or anything.

Anonymous No. 993557

>>993536
Are there any other good ways to do it? Any resources I can go to?

>>993544
I might have to do that then if they don't require an ID. That or ToolFarm. Tbh I still don't understand the point of a reseller that's authorized by Maxon. But thank you, I'll look at it.

Anonymous No. 993708

>>993435
stupid question but can you do claymation with zbrush?

Anonymous No. 994894

>>993708
you cant

🗑️ Anonymous No. 994895

Still to Blender, brokie.

Anonymous No. 995015

>>993708
You can do that with any program. Its just a bunch of posing and rendering frames

Anonymous No. 998482

That's pretty unusual.

Anonymous No. 998612

droppeed