Image not available

1920x1040

blockbench.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 994958

Why is everyone now on my low poly tags using blockbench?

Anonymous No. 994963

>>994958
Probably cuz they only want to do the bare minimum low poly, which blockbench does

Anonymous No. 994966

>>994958
Alot of kids and teenagers want to make mods for minecraft, which turned into an interest in making models in general. They're working with what they know via that interest, and it's lead to the software getting more popular and getting features that extended it.

Anonymous No. 995075

not sure why anyone would use blockbench over blender, the former always felt very rough to use

Anonymous No. 995078

>>995075
Because it works, no complicated logic to move a piece of block. It even offers animation without bone structure requirements. That’s how blender should work but instead people like you keep sending them money for nothing and get nothing.

Image not available

1073x525

Hind.png

Anonymous No. 995249

>>994958
Cause it's easy.
>t. guy who makes things with blockbench during his spare time at work

Anonymous No. 995254

Blockbench gives me this feeling that a lot of stuff done in it is more strict and quantized to certain grid.
I'm almost sure there is no strict rule and you can make whatever, but maybe its UI/UX is implemented to be especially convenient to work in some kind of quantized/tiled fashion.
Maybe it also has something to do with the concept of tilesets.
When you do arbitrary crooked Blender geometry it's almost out of question your UVs turn out in neat rectangular tilesets, because only certain blocky geometry plays well with that.
Above are some intuitions I got about Blender vs Blockbench, please tell me how wrong am I.

Anonymous No. 997616

>>995249
roblox ahh ahh model (but as a good thing)

Anonymous No. 997652

>>994958
Blockbench is a toy, not actual 3D software.

Anonymous No. 997660

>>997616
Since when has Roblox looked so fleshy?
>ahh
You're allowed to say "ass" here.

Anonymous No. 998540

It's pretty popular now.