Image not available

940x1934

20240423_160919.jpg

๐Ÿงต Hello

Anonymous No. 16141844

I'm 30 and just started learning multiplication because I failed elementary school. What are the chances that I can get to calculus in one year if I study everyday for one hour?

Anonymous No. 16141869

>>16141844
you can get to calculus easy but it should take more than one year to be able to do it without fucking up the simpler, necessary tasks. you'd also have to skip over a lot of typically prescribed things that aid in understanding the goals of mathematics on simplified, understandable levels and also things that set the stage for the power of calculus. make sure you're comfortable with algebra and can reason with geometry. you can skip the trig (sin, cos) part if it's not certainly something you're willing to understand it ground up, as opposed to a magic tool in your calculator. but if you want to achieve in higher levels of applicable mathematics, you should get a strong basis of what sin, cos, and even tan represent.

Anonymous No. 16141871

>>16141869
Thanks. What do you think about just going through all the courses in khan academy?

Cult of Passion No. 16141874

An AI once asked me what I thought of Calculus and I called it midwit.

It was quite offended by that.

https://youtu.be/cMFZ1nJvMUA

Anonymous No. 16141879

>>16141871
i've never used khan academy thoroughly for anything because frankly i thought it was slow and shitty. you should probably buy some textbooks, work through problems if you feel they may help you, and use Paul's Online Math Notes for clarifications. find some Youtube channels that are both relevant to which subject you're studying and also tackle problems that interest you.

Anonymous No. 16141886

>>16141879
really if you want to get into it, you should shoot for something beyond basic calculus and with a reason to do something. it's cool to understand math and to be able to play with it at will, but it's most fun when you can use it to understand or build something tangible.

Anonymous No. 16141887

>>16141844
Based on empirical evidence, it'll take you 300 years to get to calculus. Honestly, how the fuck could anyone possibly answer your question? Savant kids seem to be solving partial differential equations by the time they turn 2, so it's obviously possible to learn fast. How fast you personally can learn is something nobody else than you can estimate.

Anonymous No. 16141896

>>16141886
I want to learn machine learning. Mostly in order to build trading bots. I already know a fair amount of python and have made trading bots but I think if I learned algebra statistics and calculus it could help

Anonymous No. 16141902

>>16141896
if you want to be good at that, you will need much, much more than one year. you are not about to accomplish this well with an amateur understanding of python. and, you should likely know much more than calculus, including statistics, to build an effective machine. i recommend learning a compiling programming language. it's like Python but easier, faster, and more capable.

Anonymous No. 16141939

>>16141844
You can get there in about 1,5 hour with a very good teacher. Will take a lot more time to train to actually not forget it quickly (weeks to months).