Image not available

735x600

bb0ec3d5987cff5c6....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16148703

How can anybody actually enjoy math? I really don't get it. I tried watching the calculus series on the 3blue1brown youtube channel and I'm already bored out of my fucking mind by the 3rd video. Why would anyone want to dedicate even an hour of their time, much less their entire fucking life on this shit?

Anonymous No. 16148714

>>16148703
get filtered i guess idk

do what you enjoy, retard

Anonymous No. 16148715

3blue1brown isn't rigorous enough to be satisfying or interesting

Anonymous No. 16148757

>>16148703
Its a neurodivergence thing, likely OCD and general escapism. Im too old for that but i could see myself enjoying such nerd activities when i was younger. Now i have more practical hobbies closer to engineering.
Joy in math can come from the feeling of success that come from understanding the topic and making progress. Like climbing some peak.

Image not available

1570x1080

mouse.jpg

Anonymous No. 16148797

>>16148703
It is really the joy of thinking. You experience this as well, it is just that you enjoy thinking about different topics.

I touched on this before. But there are lots of different ways to enjoy any such abstract topics and everyone prefers only their own (I think). Examples would be chess, galois theory and functional analysis, but there are a lot of things you could enjoy thinking about. You just have to immerse yourself.

Anonymous No. 16148829

>>16148703
Oh and btw I don't fucking care about you or any of your friends. And I don't care either about you blogposting about their daily lives on here. It's just annoying to have to witness (for them as well I'd imagine). If mathematics is not your interest, consider leaving this board.

Anonymous No. 16148837

>>16148703
If you pick up a linear algebra text book, understand it, but cannot appreciate the beauty of it then I am afraid I can't explain it to you. It's probably for the best if you stop asking this question and do something else.