Image not available

5760x3840

Laptop Man Comfy ....jpg

๐Ÿงต Best College Degree for Working from Home at Own Leisure

Anonymous No. 16152148

I have insomnia that I've had since I was in middle school. It got so bad, I had to drop out of high school and get into online high school (which was based, since I was able to go through junior and senior year in just 6 months). I could kinda do college between 17 to 18, but I still depended on my Dad to drive me to school, and he wasn't able to take me to all my free tutoring sessions, and I missed some of my classes due to insomnia. (Whoops.)

I will turn 24 in June, and a lot of years have passed since I was in college. I have not wasted all these years, spending them learning all sorts of based shit in various different fields, but most of these fields aren't really STEM related. I did, however, teach myself algebra through calc 2 in just a couple months back when I was 21, so I strongly feel that I could teach myself all of undergrad mathematics in just a year if I just persisted with it and made sure I worked on it for a few hours each day. This wouldn't be unheard of, and I already have all the textbooks. The thing is, it's not like I would immediately get a high-paying job upon learning all this shit. If I do end up going with some non-math related college degree, could all this math knowledge come to help me out? I am also aware of the fact that you forget the things you learn with time. If I go back to math, I will have to quickly review everything from algebra to calc 2 before I move forward again, but my knowledge would be more solidified.

What should I get a degree in if I want to get a high-paying job working from home without any time constraints? Deadlines are fine. My issue is having to be at work from A time to B time. Bonus if this would benefit from lots of math knowledge.

Anonymous No. 16152154

>>16152148
computer science /thread

Anonymous No. 16152167

what-ever you like, if you care about job prospects, all that matters is your social skills

Anonymous No. 16152286

>>15833839
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Anonymous No. 16152335

>>16152154
But why, and which field if I choose to study a decent amount of math?

Anonymous No. 16152341

>>16152148
Government paper pushing ology.

Anonymous No. 16152521

>>16152148
One degree can mean a lot of jobs. I had one friend who is cs that is in office everyday while me enginigger doing hybrid. Its all about company policy and work content.

Anonymous No. 16152677

People who actually can do that and made billions didn't get a degree until after the fact because they dropped out due to degrees being worthless beyond mere virtue signalling.

Anonymous No. 16153909

>>16152677
In the world of tech, you typically need a bit of money to start out with, even if that bit of money is literally just NEETbucks. How the hell are you supposed to start a tech company with literally zero money?

Anonymous No. 16154649

This thread was moved to >>>/wsr/1459595